Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Down on the Farm

Saturday morning Kris and I were able to have a fun outing just with Brody for a change. I ran across an ad in Toledo Parent for all sorts of Easter fun to be held at Country Lane Tree Farm, and I had also previously heard great things about this place. The ad said it's in Genoa, but I think it's technically Clay Center??

Anyways, my mom graciously agreed to keep the babies for us. I really had to twist her arm to accept...yah, right. :) So we arrived a little before 9:00 and checked out some of the animals first.

Aren't these turkeys beautiful? I've never seen one up close before. Thanksgiving doesn't quite count.

Now who caged up my husband?!?! LOL, only kidding.

Cows...


We ran into new friends...Ashley and Will (sister and nephew of my friend, Casey). Brody officially met Will last weekend, but was too freaked out about a cat to remember...so he got to say hi today. (Sorry, no pics of this!)

Here he was sitting in the barrel train. They were giving rides later, but we were not going to be around.


The baby goats were soooooooo adorable!!


Yee haw, that's the cutest darn horse I've ever seen!


One of our favorite books is Llama Llama, Red Pajama. It was nice to show Brody an actual one so that he could put a real face with the name. He said, "Mama llama? Mama llama?" Cute! (Fyi...there's a baby llama and a mama llama in the story. He was NOT saying that I look like a llama...er, at least I don't think he was.)






Easter Bunny flashback. This was last year at the egg hunt at our church. He was fine at first as you can see in the picture, but the official picture that was taken with the cute background (I'm not scanning that in) tells a different story...he was not happy!!


Back to today...after a pancake breakfast he got to visit with the Easter Bunny. He was so cute, and I think it helped that we've been talking about this trip every day for the past week.




After breakfast and some more walking around, we took a hayride out to one of the fields for an egg hunt. The trailer had two flat tires at the time, so needless to say it was a slow and bumpy ride.



Collecting eggs...it was hilarious watching him excitedly open each one to find nothing inside! The kids were actually able to exchange their eggs for prizes when they got back to the main area.



"Look, Brody! Another egg with nothing inside!!" Ha, ha.





We decided we'd just walk back to the main farm area afterwards. I snapped this shot on the way. That little bridge is called "Goat Mountain," and it's supposedly pretty cool to see the goats walk across. We didn't see any while we were there.


This was my favorite part!! Just before we headed out, Brody got to feed one of the baby goats. It was a neat moment...





We had such a great time with the Brodster, and I'm sure he loved having both Mommy and Daddy all to himself. I can't wait to visit again for other events!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wasn't it neat there!! We went for the 11 ride. Wish I would have known you guys were going...we could have said hello! We were leaving just as the wind was picking up, but I think the earlier time would have been better. I'll remember that for next time. I saved the pass for the next trip to get one free :)

Anonymous said...

It was fun seeing you guys there. Chris seems like a great guy and you have such a nice family. You didn't miss much with the barrel train, but that's so cute with Brody feeding the baby goats. Those may be the cutest baby animals I've ever seen!

Casey Rethman said...

LOL I read the whole post with a smile on my face after I saw the pic of Kris...I mean the donkey. Looks like B had a blast!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...