It's time for more! I was thinking recently that although some of these truly are hilarious on their own, many times it's not the actual words that come out of his mouth that make them so funny but rather the facial expressions, body gestures, and the tone of his voice that go along with what he says.
1. (Mar.) Sitting at the table eating dinner: "This cup of milk is really big-uh-ful." I ask if he means that his milk is really big or beautiful. "Big-uh-ful, Mommy."
2. (Mar.) Brody likes to play with our old cell phones and has recently begun saying that he is "texting." He insists on taking a phone with him to use the potty. Still holding the phone, he steps up on the stool to do his business and says to Kris, "Daddy, hold my little guy down so I can do this." (i.e. send a text)
3. (Mar.) I was busy in the kitchen washing dishes. Brody calls from the living room, "Mommy, I need a hug." I reply, "Well, come over here and get one." This doesn't work for him, and he lets me know it by saying, "Nooooooo, you come over here and give it."
4. (Mar.) We were trying to get everyone around to make it to a preschool open house. Jaxson kept taking his shoes and socks off after he was all set to go, and Kris said he was "driving him nuts." Later, as Kris is helping Brody with his shoes, Brody says, "Jaxson, you're driving my nuts!!" LOL.
5. (Mar.) We're at a birthday party for my niece. My kids are obsessed with stairs since we have none at home. Brody reaches the top and exclaims, "I'm on top of the world!!!"
6. (Mar.) Do you need someone to translate those hunger-induced stomach growls? Look no further than my son. "Mommy, can I have a pretzel please? My belly's saying, 'I'm hungry! I need a pretzel in here to feel better.'"
7. (Mar.) Kris: Brody, what do you want to be when you grow up? Brody: (without hesitation) A muffin.
8. (Mar.) Brody and I are in the bathroom in the morning going potty and getting dressed. As I'm helping him out of his jammies, he starts scratching his body and states, "Mommy, I'm so frickin' itchy." !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
9. (Apr.) Emmy was being ridiculously cute and kept walking up behind Brody and wrapping her arms around his waist for a big hug. Brody started walking slowly, and Emmy still held on. I laughed and asked, "Emmy, what are you doing?!" Brody said, "She's pretending to be a backpack."
10. (Apr.) Brody rudely belches, and Kris says, "What do you say??" Brody replies, "Excuse me, porky."
11. (Apr.) Just another one of those bedtimes where I am fielding request after request: I need more hugs and kisses. Tuck me in again. I have to go pee pee. I really have to go this time. I need a drink. Start my music again. He must be able to sense my annoyance at times because he has a way of saying or doing something unexpected and loving, which totally makes me forget about what a little stink he's being. Tonight while sitting on the potty, he tilts his head to the side and says, "Mommy, will you be my friend?"
12. (Apr.) He wants me to turn on some music so "we can dance and wiggle our butts together!"
13. (Apr.) Sung to the tune of ABC's: "a b c d, tickle my bootie."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
These are always good for a chuckle!
#2) I didn't even get a cell phone until I was 20 years old, one with text capabilities, probably 26....and now they understand texting at 3. {sigh}
#7) I really laughed out loud. No hesitation? Awesome!
#9)Love the creative imagination:)
#11)I agree. Completely.
#2 is hysterical! And #11 sounds soooooo much like Will. Those crazy lover boys.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He is hilarious!!!
Brody's awesome!! Seriosuly, what a well balanced boy. He's hilarious, sweet, creative and smart. Love it!
Post a Comment