Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Country Lane Easter, Year Two

Last year, this was just a special Brody, Mommy, and Daddy trip. But this year, everybody got to come! 4/17/2011

Brrr, I think I'm still thawing out from this trip. I was having a very hard time deciding whether or not it was worth it to make the trip because: a) it had rained so much the last couple days, and I knew it'd be muddy, b) it was ridiculously windy, c) it was pretty chilly, and d) Kris was getting up early after working late, and I wanted to be certain the trip wouldn't be a bust. I even sent Kris a message at like 3 in the morning (I was up from a bad dream) telling him I just didn't know what we should do. He said, "I don't care, whatever you want to do!" *Sidenote: Is he the best or what?!

There is one more weekend for their Easter events, but we wouldn't have been able to go with soccer and Easter celebrations, so I decided we could brave the elements. I'm glad we did...the kids had a great time, and they were so worn out they all took 2-1/2 hour naps. WOO HOO!

Brody rode a merry-go-round shortly after arriving...
4/17/2011 4/17/2011

Cute shot of my friend Amy's son, Logan, who is almost exactly a year younger than Brody.
4/17/2011 Photobucket

The egg hunt was moved indoors to the straw maze because of the windy/muddy conditions. This is one of my favorite pictures from the day.
4/17/2011

I had a hard time getting pictures of all three kids hunting eggs. They were too quick for me!
4/17/2011

4/17/2011

Photobucket

4/17/2011

Brody and Logan going down one of the slides.
Photobucket

Cute kids!
4/17/2011

Emmy thought everyone should join her in making some straw angels.
4/17/2011

Brody loved climbing the bales!
4/17/2011

Our Easter Bunny shot with all three! For some reason, Brody thought it was hilarious to stick his hand in the Easter Bunny's mouth.
4/17/2011 4/17/2011 4/17/2011 4/17/2011 4/17/2011

Another favorite shot...I think Brody looks so small and cute standing there holding his Easter basket.
4/17/2011

And another favorite...love, love.
4/17/2011 4/17/2011

Jaxson enjoyed watching the oinker pictured above...
4/17/2011

Brody rode the barrel train for a short while...
4/17/2011 Photobucket 4/17/2011

Mya (one of Casey's twins) feeding the most adorable baby goats.
Photobucket

Mya: "Stella, isn't this so cool?!"
Stella: "Let's try and sneak one home. Mommy and Daddy'll never know."
4/17/2011 4/17/2011

I remember this being the best part of last year's trip--when Brody fed the goats. This time, it took some major coaxing, but he finally put his hand on the bottle to help.
4/17/2011 4/17/2011

M & S: "You kids are comin' home with us."
4/17/2011

A chilly but great time!

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

We would totally love to take them home......your kids that is. I'm not interested in the goats, although they were adorable. :) Another great time with you guys! I think a lot of fun trips this summer needs to happen!

Kendra said...

What a fun adventure! Kris definitely gets a few bonus points. :) Luckily for the Easter Bunny it was Brody's hand he was stickinng in the bunny's mouth and not his foot! The hats are super cute, although it's mid-April, too bad they aren't stored away for the year.

Anonymous said...

That pic you took of Logan by himself on the merry-go-round looks professional. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...