Brody's first day of preschool was today, August 22nd.
We had a countdown, books, and plenty of conversations leading up to this day...
We went shopping for his supplies together...
And the day before school started (Sunday), there was a "Welcome Picnic" where kids and parents brought a picnic lunch and ate outside together. The kids toured their new rooms and dropped off supplies. I was really happy about this since I was not able to drop him off on his first day, as that was my teacher workday at school.
Brody's coat hook on the left, classroom door on the right. There are two 3/4-year-old classes here: the Busy Bees room and the Friendly Frogs room. Cute!
Two views of the classroom. Brody's teacher, Miss Beth, is on the left in the light pink shirt.
He picked out his own outfit the night before his first day!
Brody's preschool is a co-op, so the parents are very involved and are required to help in the classroom and serve on one committee. Classes are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. There are about 10-11 kids in Brody's class, so it works out that Kris will be the parent helper once a month. I am hoping to use my personal days to help out a couple times or attend the field trips throughout the year. These are the times I wish we were rich and I could stay home and do all these things with my kids!!

3 comments:
I know that feeling soooo well! And I really hope you get to take some time to be there. It's really wonderful when dad can go too, but it doesn't really do much to help YOU feel better.
Yay for Brody's first day of school! So exciting! Looks like you had a very nice introduction to the school and teacher beforehand. I can't wait to hear how he likes this new adventure.
Also, thinking of you often and hoping your transition back to school is going well. Good luck and hang in there! Your little one is almost ready to meet you!
Such cute pics! And...might I add, that Tae picked out that same shirt for his first day also. lol Those 2 are eerily(sp) similar.
Oh fun! Brody is going to love it! The kids get such fun “jobs” there. Beau loved to be the weather reporter. Eli (Liz’s youngest) loved to be the greeter and call kids when their parent(s) arrived.
Curt and I usually pick up Logan (and Beau when he was there) from school at least once. Hopefully we’ll get to do that the next trip and we’ll get to see Brody in action! : )
Post a Comment