Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Stroll Through Simpson Garden

Saturday morning we took a walk through Simpson Garden Park. We've never been here before, which I don't really know why since it's a short five-minute drive away! I immediately saw many similarities between this place and the 577 Foundation. Lots of neat little areas for the kids to explore. Kid-friendly and free--what more could you want?? :)
8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

When we pulled into the parking lot, we saw my sister and nephew walking through! Did not plan that one!!
8/27/2011

8/27/2011

We mostly stayed in the Children's Discovery Garden, where children are encouraged to explore the plants and anything else they set their sights on.
8/27/2011

This tunnel led to a sandbox with John Deere toys...yippee!
8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

Photobucket

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

I told Jax to kiss this hippo, ha ha.
8/27/2011

Photobucket

We saw many neat pieces of art made from unexpected materials. Check out the legs on that ladybug (left) and the petals on the "flower" (right). Brody got a kick out of that one because he loves using a hand mixer. (Are we the only people who still use one of those?!?)
Photobucket

8/27/2011

These info boards about fossils and composting were both very interesting.
Photobucket

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

A little teepee made with branches/leaves.
8/27/2011

The property has 11 acres of land, so after spending time in the Children's Garden we took a walk down the main path to check out more sights and artwork.
8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011

Photobucket

I know, probably not the smartest way for a prego to travel, but we had fun.
8/27/2011

8/27/2011
The kiddos were pooped by the time we decided to leave! Not to mention hungry, so we were thankful for a short trip home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope. I still use my hand mixer too. ;) Just depends on what I'm makin' whether or not it's worth getting out the stand mixer.

And so cute that all three boys had on white shirts and plaid shorts. It's especially cute of the three of them in the sand box.

Kendra said...

What a cool place! I’m sure Brody would prefer the tractor tires be on big John Deere equipment, but brightly painted, they make an awesome play/planting area. Super fun!!
And running into Tracy … great minds think alike. : ) What a fun surprise.

tnbink said...

um, seriously I still can't stop laughing at this...and the fact that we dressed them the same that day is too funny. I got some good pics too, I'll show ya later gator! Oh...and the teepee...was squash plants sisto ;-) love you

Becky said...

We use our hand mixer too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...