Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Stand-Off

Photobucket
Date: Monday, April 9, 2012
Time: Approximately 6:30 - 10:00pm, with a break for dinner.
Who: Emersyn vs. Mommy
Why: I knew we couldn't move forward with potty training until she got over this fear of putting her pee in the potty!!!!
Photobucket
I think she whined more than ever and gave me every single excuse to try and get off the potty, but I wasn't giving in. After I put everyone else to bed that night, I brought the potty out to the living room. We sat together and watched Dancing With the Stars (which was funny because she kept shakin' it to the music...while she was on the potty), and we read tons of books. Finally she was just able to relax, and she did it!! She looked at me so proudly and said, "Mommy, I went pee pee!" **Sidenote: She went from after naptime (4pm) to 10pm "holding it." That's an impressively long time!

She had a small accident (and was horrified) the next day, but has been dry for 5 days straight--even for naps and 4 out of 5 overnights...yea!! She usually doesn't even tell us when she has to go. She just walks over to the little potty we have out in the kitchen, takes her bottoms off, and does her business!

She is feeling like such a big girl!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post. Your stand-off cracks me up and your photography is just outstanding. She is so stinkin' adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...