
The picture above is the preschool version of Resurrection Eggs. Such a cute, kid-friendly way to explain the true meaning of Easter! Kris was actually the helper on the day the kids did this activity, and I was impressed that Brody paid enough attention to be able to tell me what was inside each egg and what each little token meant.
Below...well, that was our little bribe for a few weeks before Easter. I've mentioned we have a ton of work to do when it comes to table manners. Honestly, this has been so difficult. Some meals are great but others include yelling, spitting, throwing food, crying, feet up, burping, pounding/dropping silverware, saying "potty" words. I feel like we have the worst behaved kids sometimes, but I also realize that we have three (soon 4!) close-in-age kids at the table, and they laugh and feed off of each other constantly. So the idea was to let anyone who ate with good manners (and we talk about what that means) pick an egg after the meal and receive a treat. I think it worked for a short while, but then interest kind of faded.


My school district does not have a Spring Break--just Good Friday and the Monday after Easter. I guess it's better than nothing, and we'll be out earlier than most, but I would've loved a full week home with my crazy kiddies! Anyways, on Friday we painted eggs. They would have never sat and enjoyed dying eggs the traditional way, so we thought painting would keep their attention. They loved it.

We are decorating them as they are eaten this time. I have been letting the kids pick their cookie and then putting it on a plate along with a spoonful of frosting and sprinkles off to the side. They can then frost it themselves with their child-safe knife and add their sprinkles. Makes me want to have a cookie decorating party--for no reason at all!



























2 comments:
What a brilliant way to set up egg decorating/painting for kids!! Love the cardboard tube as a stand! Genius!
Random, but I also really like Chris's Ohio State sweatshirt. Kind of baseball t-shirt style? Do you know where he got it?
Happy Easter, Garman fam!
Oops! Spelling error... Kris not Chris. Sorry. :)
Post a Comment