Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what.
If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little,
they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big.
Because to them all of it has always been big stuff.
-Catherine M. Wallace
I pinned this quote a few nights ago, and that last line--Because to them all of it has always been big stuff--just gets me every time. Our kids have so much to tell us. From happenings at school to things they see out the window and everything in between. They have so much excitement in their wide, beautiful eyes--it just bubbles over to the point that words to their stories become jumbled and mispronounced. They just can't wait to fill us in on all their "big stuff."







Note to self: Slow down, relax (it'll get done...eventually), enjoy this craziness, and listen.

3 comments:
LOVE this! It's a great reminder to not let life get in the way of being the best Mommy I can be!
I repinned that after I saw yours and it has made me pause MULTIPLE times when I would otherwise be tempted to say "just a minute". You're absolutely right and I love that reminder.
I LOVE so many of these pictures!
#1 - The twins kissing picture reminds me of a bunch I just took of my kids at teeth-brushing time. Post to come soon.
#2 - Emmy in the box being pushed by the big boys is adorable.
#3 - The profile pic of Jax on the 4-wheeler (?) looks just like Kris, I think.
#4 - Green pepper mustache?!?! Brilliant!
Great post!
What a great reminder! I often get frustrated when Reese wants to "talk my ear off"! I need to make sure I take time to always listen! I love this post!
Post a Comment