We squeezed in one more trip to Imagination Station before the back-to-school madness begins!
First things first...potty break! The babes and I were waiting on Brody and Kris.

Kris and Brody using special tools to dig for fossils.

Found one!

This was so cute...there were "dinosaur bones" hidden underneath some rubbery "dirt," and Brody used the magnifying glass and a little broom to search for and recover the pieces. Then he was supposed to add each piece to the skeletons located behind him, but we didn't get that far. :)

Fossil rubbings...

Really neat sand sculpture that was created the very first weekend of the exhibit. The picture does not do it justice because the attention to detail on this thing is insane!!

Okay, this looks highly inappropriate. Let me explain...(LOL)...This station was for reconstructing dinosaur parts. They were using clay to fill in the missing pieces of this section of a skeleton. I don't know, I didn't get a chance to really read the info at this one. But this picture is pretty funny. :)

Moving on...this was the area with the green screen and teleprompter where you could record your own sports report.

Do you see us? We're reporting live from a baseball field! In high school I wanted to be a newscaster, so this was fun for me.

Then we went outside the room and were able to watch our report. It was hilarious!

Then we arrived at the KIDSPACE section. Brody's favorites seem to be the grocery store area, the fire truck, and the ambulance--in that order.

Emmy and Jax got to play at the water table. They had a blast and were soaking wet by the time we were ready to leave. (I think I set a record...changed both babies' diapers and outfits in, like, three minutes. I'm gettin' good.)
First things first...potty break! The babes and I were waiting on Brody and Kris.
I was thrilled that we made the trip before the BIG DIG exhibit "goes extinct" September 6th. It was really, really cool; however, I think Brody would have enjoyed it more had he been just a bit older. He was excited about each activity but had limited attention at each little station. He would start an activity, something else would catch his eye, and then he'd run off to the next thing, ha ha!
Kris and Brody using special tools to dig for fossils.
Found one!
This was so cute...there were "dinosaur bones" hidden underneath some rubbery "dirt," and Brody used the magnifying glass and a little broom to search for and recover the pieces. Then he was supposed to add each piece to the skeletons located behind him, but we didn't get that far. :)
Fossil rubbings...
Really neat sand sculpture that was created the very first weekend of the exhibit. The picture does not do it justice because the attention to detail on this thing is insane!!
Okay, this looks highly inappropriate. Let me explain...(LOL)...This station was for reconstructing dinosaur parts. They were using clay to fill in the missing pieces of this section of a skeleton. I don't know, I didn't get a chance to really read the info at this one. But this picture is pretty funny. :)
Moving on...this was the area with the green screen and teleprompter where you could record your own sports report.
Do you see us? We're reporting live from a baseball field! In high school I wanted to be a newscaster, so this was fun for me.
Then we went outside the room and were able to watch our report. It was hilarious!
Then we arrived at the KIDSPACE section. Brody's favorites seem to be the grocery store area, the fire truck, and the ambulance--in that order.
Emmy and Jax got to play at the water table. They had a blast and were soaking wet by the time we were ready to leave. (I think I set a record...changed both babies' diapers and outfits in, like, three minutes. I'm gettin' good.)

No comments:
Post a Comment