Friday, August 13, 2010

Coming Home

The best thing about going away for a couple days?

Coming back home, of course!

Being greeted with a single stem rose from one super-sweet, smiley boy...





Getting to hear, "Mommy, watch me!" again...


Seeing how much bigger those muscles got during my absence...






Back to helping Mommy (smooshin' bananas to freeze)...


Getting to see all the funny games they played...


And when I arrived home, the suitcase was placed in the hallway--where it stood for two days until, little by little, each item was removed out of necessity. Every time I caught a glimpse of it, I would think, Unpack...or snuggle my babies? Unpack...or have story time?? Unpack...or play outside???



Oh boy, I missed my little family. It's amazing the things you miss the most when you're away from the ones you love.

Jaxson spitting every other bite out at me.
Emmy fussing and crying until I pick her up and hold her close.
Brody calling me back to his room 10 more times after being "tucked in."
The smiles.
The giggles.
The squeals.
The love.
The diaper changes, wardrobe changes, meals, messes, and tantrums.
The comfort of knowing the ones you love the most are safe and sound, mere feet away.

No, no, no. I won't be gone again any time soon.

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Agreed Kel!!! While I did have a great time with you.....I sure did miss my little ladies!

tnbink said...

Brobro's muscles seriously look huge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...