One, one, THE TWINS ARE ONE!! Hee, hee. I knew months ago that the first birthday theme was going to be a cheerleader/football one. And I had a few more ideas that I never got around to...I was a little stressed out with the start of school and the babies' birthday falling at the same time! So far we have kept birthdays small with family members only, but I still had to make cute invites...
This was a year-in-review photo board using green wrapping paper. I painted lines to resemble a football field and then organized the pictures into "quarters" (ha, get it??). I think this was my favorite thing that was put up for the party. In fact, almost a week later...it's still hanging.


Of course I had to highlight some Brody pictures and make him feel special too. After all, he's been a big brother for a whole year!

I made this banner and hung it over the food table.


My sis-in-law, Tiffany, made the cake! LOVED it!!


Food table before it was full of yumminess.

My sister works for Beerco, and I asked if she had any football decorations that she was hanging onto, and she didn't disappoint! This is a small football grill, and I just set it off to the side of the food table for cups, plates, napkins, and silverware.

My two contributions: chicken salad wraps and sloppy joes.

Tracy's fruit basket. She even carved footballs into the handle!
Centerpieces on our two tables outside...

I can take credit for the idea, but Kris did all the work! And actually I wanted real grass but never got around to planting any in time.
Emmy's party frock...
Just makes you grin from ear-to-ear, doesn't it?? :)
Both their outfits were made by two different Etsy sellers...I wish I could remember their shops to link them, but I ordered these so long ago and have lost the seller info.



Brody and I taking a party break, ha ha.

Sooooo...I think it must be a requirement for babies to refuse their oh-so-vital, pre-party naps, which in turn adds more stress to tired, crabby parents. Surprisingly, they were both in super moods the whole time. Here they are eating dinner...

Another decoration from Tracy, which Brody has named simply, "Football Guy." There was also a cornhole-type football game that I forgot to take a picture of. The bags were little footballs, and the board was a football field.

Happy birthday to you!
Of course I had to highlight some Brody pictures and make him feel special too. After all, he's been a big brother for a whole year!
I made this banner and hung it over the food table.
My sis-in-law, Tiffany, made the cake! LOVED it!!
Food table before it was full of yumminess.
My sister works for Beerco, and I asked if she had any football decorations that she was hanging onto, and she didn't disappoint! This is a small football grill, and I just set it off to the side of the food table for cups, plates, napkins, and silverware.
My two contributions: chicken salad wraps and sloppy joes.
Tracy's fruit basket. She even carved footballs into the handle!
Centerpieces on our two tables outside...
I can take credit for the idea, but Kris did all the work! And actually I wanted real grass but never got around to planting any in time.
Emmy's party frock...
Just makes you grin from ear-to-ear, doesn't it?? :)
Both their outfits were made by two different Etsy sellers...I wish I could remember their shops to link them, but I ordered these so long ago and have lost the seller info.
Brody and I taking a party break, ha ha.
Sooooo...I think it must be a requirement for babies to refuse their oh-so-vital, pre-party naps, which in turn adds more stress to tired, crabby parents. Surprisingly, they were both in super moods the whole time. Here they are eating dinner...
Another decoration from Tracy, which Brody has named simply, "Football Guy." There was also a cornhole-type football game that I forgot to take a picture of. The bags were little footballs, and the board was a football field.
Happy birthday to you!

2 comments:
Happy, happy birthday sweet babies! And awesome party pics Mommy and Daddy!
Cute, cute, cute!!! Love the theme :) Is it sad that I am already trying to come up with something for both girls and a boy? I can't believe it has been a year...
Post a Comment