Dear Jaxson,
Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet boy! Do you know just how much I have worried about you in your short little life so far?! When you were in my belly, your sister would move and kick like crazy, but I could never feel you as much. I would lie down with my hand over you, close my eyes, and say to myself, “Move, move, move!” When you would finally respond, my heart would skip a beat, and calmness would wash over me. When you were a new baby, I worried about how tiny you looked. I worried about whether you were getting enough to eat, about all your ear troubles, and all those wakeful nights. I think the biggest thing I’ve learned about you during your first year of life is you are pretty darn tough! You are my happy, smiley guy. You have brought so much more love, joy, and excitement into our family, and I can't imagine my world without you in it. I love that you can be a total Momma's Boy, with your arms wrapped so snugly around my neck that it feels as though you'll never let me go, yet much of the time you are my messy, independent little explorer. I just can’t wait to watch you grow. I think you are full of determination and will do anything you set your mind to. Don’t you ever stop smiling that 1,000-watt smile you’ve got…to say that I love it would be too much of an understatement. I can’t get enough! You are a handsome little boy. I love you, Jaxson Thomas. Happy 1st Birthday!
Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet boy! Do you know just how much I have worried about you in your short little life so far?! When you were in my belly, your sister would move and kick like crazy, but I could never feel you as much. I would lie down with my hand over you, close my eyes, and say to myself, “Move, move, move!” When you would finally respond, my heart would skip a beat, and calmness would wash over me. When you were a new baby, I worried about how tiny you looked. I worried about whether you were getting enough to eat, about all your ear troubles, and all those wakeful nights. I think the biggest thing I’ve learned about you during your first year of life is you are pretty darn tough! You are my happy, smiley guy. You have brought so much more love, joy, and excitement into our family, and I can't imagine my world without you in it. I love that you can be a total Momma's Boy, with your arms wrapped so snugly around my neck that it feels as though you'll never let me go, yet much of the time you are my messy, independent little explorer. I just can’t wait to watch you grow. I think you are full of determination and will do anything you set your mind to. Don’t you ever stop smiling that 1,000-watt smile you’ve got…to say that I love it would be too much of an understatement. I can’t get enough! You are a handsome little boy. I love you, Jaxson Thomas. Happy 1st Birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment