Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apple Pickin'

It's that time again! Mmmmm...can you smell it?
A sure sign of fall...apples everywhere!

I have been to MacQueen Orchards many times with my students but never with my little family. Last Saturday we met up with friends Casey, Wes, Mya, and Stella for some apple pickin' fun and photos. Brody could've been in a better mood, but overall it was a nice time. :)

He has a new obsession with John Deere tractors and was excited for me to take his picture with one!


Before we headed out to the orchard...

Jaxson and Emersyn were content riding in the wagon.




I had told Brody on the trip there that we don't eat any apples until we get home and wash them. Think he remembered? Ha! I think he probably took a big 'ol bite out of at least 10 apples. Kris was reminding him not to eat them yet here...


Stella, Mya, Em, and Jax




Had to get a twins pic. It's been a long time! Cute...


Cuter...


Cutest...


"Look what I found!"




Lookin' for that perfect, fallen apple...






I love how Mya's trying to join our family here. LOL-only kidding!


This is my favorite from the day...


Some more juicy bites...


Heading back to the shop to purchase some cider and donuts.


The next morning started bright and early (Thanks for that, Emmy:), so I didn't waste any time getting started on using up all those delicious apples. First, look at my cute apple plate I received as a gift from one of my former students.


We had apple pancakes with cider syrup, and let's just say there were none leftover for the freezer! Just delicious...perfect for cool, lazy fall mornings. The syrup is the best part.

I hope to use up some more of our apples later this week when things at school slow down a bit (midterms, eeek!). Apple crisp, crockpot applesauce, apple muffins, and definitely more of those pancakes!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

We had so much fun too! My post is half way finished....life NEEDS to slow down!

P.S. I love the one of Stella's apple "boobies". LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...