Saturday, September 11, 2010

Letter to Emersyn

Dear Emersyn,

Lucky. That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about you. I am so incredibly lucky that God chose ME to be your mommy! I am even more excited than I was a year ago, on the day you were born, that I have a little girl. I always knew I wanted a daughter, but even in the sweetest of dreams I could not have imagined such an amazing little package. I will never forget the exact moment I saw you...the doctor held you up after announcing you were a girl, and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was looking at the most beautiful baby girl I'd ever seen! This first year with you has been amazing, challenging, special, exhausting, and perfect all at once. You were a feisty, uncomfortable little newborn, and I had a hard time figuring out just what would make you happy. It seems that with each passing month, you became more and more pleasant, and I came to realize you were not a “difficult” baby--you simply wanted a lot of mommy-time. It melts my heart knowing that I can be an instant source of comfort and love for you. And while I do realize that throughout the years we won’t always be in agreement or understand each other, I hope this means you will always come to me for guidance and support, and I hope that you will always know…I mean, know…that I am going to be here for you no matter what. Thank you for letting me dress you up, put bows in your hair, and take hundreds of pictures of you this year, and I thank you in advance for all the moments to come (you know, picture day, dances, dates, prom, etc.) for letting me do the same. You are my precious baby girl, and I love, love, love you. So much. Happy birthday, Emmy Girl!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...