Sooooo...we left home on Wednesday the 22nd at about 6:30 in the morning. We stopped at a rest area around breakfast time (8:00-8:30) to use the restroom and feed the kids. They ate carrot pancakes and bananas. We were hoping they would each then take a snooze after being up so early, buuuuttttt they didn't really. Brody and Emmy both napped for about 20 minutes, and Jaxson never slept at all. I think we arrived in Chicago about 9-9:30, their time.
Here it is! Shedd Aquarium! (P.S. Many pics from inside aren't the clearest. Flash photography is prohibited, and I haven't quite played around enough with the SLR camera to figure out how to capture clear photos in low-light settings.)

I loved that most of the displays were so large and low to the ground that all our little peeps could see!






Brody thought it was pretty neat to see people actually in the tanks in scuba gear feeding and such.

Touch screen information about the different types of fish seen in each display.

This was really funny! People can walk on that plexiglass surface as stingrays swim underneath. Brody was so hesitant to walk on it, and when he finally did he giggled each time a stingray swam near him.



Our view during lunch...

Enjoying SB & J (Sunbutter and jelly), cheese, and fruit.


Love this pic...


Penguins!



We have read a couple books about different types of boats lately, so I knew Brody would love playing around in this submarine.


I think beluga whales are so cool! When Brody first took a look at these he asked Kris, "Do they have butts?" Hahahahahaha!


We had a choice between an aquatic show and a Dora/Diego 4D movie. We chose the aquatic show, which was a bad decision. I thought it would hold their attention longer, and I was afraid of being stuck in a movie theater with squirmy twins. I ended up having to leave this show anyway with the twins, and Brody was bored out of his mind. Oops!

At about 2:00 we decided we'd had enough, so we walked back to the parking garage. On the way, we discovered this little park area hidden away, so the kids ran around for a bit. Nobody else was around, which was nice after being surrounded by other people for hours! They were mesmerized by this little fountain.



Ahh, every parent's dream--a cage!!! :)

Can ya tell how excited they were to not be strapped into a seat?! We're freeeee!!!!






Soldier Field--home of...da Bears! I used to be obsessed with the Chicago Bears when I was young, so I had to snap a pic.

The rest of the day was spent playing around in the hotel room, eating pizza for dinner, and getting ready for bed.


It was a long day, and we were all in bed and sleeping by 8:00. I was nervous about how well they would all sleep, but it was totally fine! Jaxson was up once (normal), and Brody was up once due to a bit of a coughing fit. I also ended up sleeping in the same bed as him because I was afraid he'd fall out!
(I'll include final thoughts about Shedd Aquarium in the next post.)

2 comments:
This sounds like such a great family trip! You also seemed extremely prepared, which doesn't surprise me! :) Glad you had fun!
Don't you love overnight trips like these? It's the perfect getaway with little ones at this age.
I think about that all the time with witnessing memories with your own eyes vs capturing on camera. There is a balance to be considered.
Wow! What a view you had at lunch time this day! So glad you had such a good time. :)
Post a Comment