Friday, June 17, 2011

From the Mouths of Babes, Vol. 5

1. (May) Brody had already been read to and tucked in for the night. I walked past his room, and he was out of bed and standing against the gate in his doorway. He states, "Hey Mommy, I just wanna go bananas, but I can't. I have to go to sleep."

2. (May) I was standing behind Brody on the potty while he finished his stinky business. He looks into the potty, turns his head back to me and says, "That's a biiiiiggggg poop-a-lotsa."

3. (May) Kris and I seem to say, "Jaxson Thomas!!!" a bunch here recently...hmmm. :) I cannot remember exactly what I did to irritate Brody on this occasion, but he expressed his disapproval by saying sternly, "Mommy Pa-Thomas!" We laughed and laughed about this one.

4. (May) Just another one of those early evenings when both the twins decide they're going to whine and cry. (Hey, I'll take 2 out of 3 monsters any day over all 3.) I look over at Brody, and he is trying to get one of the windows closed. When I ask what he thinks he's doing, he replies, "I'm just closing the windows so the neighbors can't hear those crabby babies whine."

5. (May) Here is a conversation Brody and I had as he was enjoying a bedtime sherbet treat.

Brody: Are you gonna have any sherbet, Mommy?
Me: No, I'm still full from dinner.
Brody: Is the baby eating your dinner too?
Me: What baby? (duh!)
Brody: The baby in your belly. Is it eating your dinner?
Me: Um, well. Kinda.
(I know, I sound like such a smart mommy.)

6. (May) I was singing Taylor Swift's "Mean."

Brody: Mommy, what is that?
Me: It's a Taylor Swift song.
Brody: (so loud that it makes my heart skip a beat) MOMMY!!! Taylor Swift sounds like a Swiffer!!!

7. (May) It's Memorial Day Weekend, and we have the news on to check out the storm coverage.

Emmy: Backies??
Brody: No, Emmy, it's not Backyardigans. This is a thunderstorm movie.
(By the way, I love how Brody can understand and translate the twins' words and phrases.)

8. (May) I was lying on the couch, as I wasn't feeling so great. Brody kept asking question after question about random things, and it was driving me crazy!! I asked him if he would please be quiet for just a few minutes.

Brody: Why?
Me: I don't feel good. My belly really hurts.
Brody: Is the baby biting your belly??

9. (May) Sometimes, to save time, I will take Brody's pants off quick before he gets on the potty. On this occasion, I was bending down holding onto his pants and waiting for him to step out, but he wouldn't. I asked him to hurry because it's not comfortable for me to stay in that position. He asks, "Why? Is the baby flipping out?"

And the best for last...
10. (June) Brody was fighting bedtime again this night, asking for more stories, hugs, kisses, etc. He tells us he has to go potty again. Totally annoyed by this point, Kris tells him, "No you don't, it's only in your head." Brody smartly says, "It's not in my head...it's in my pee pee." We were rolling!!!

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Ok he is hilarious! I laughed out loud reading this! I love how interested he is in the baby. The last one is the best!

tnbink said...

LMAO! good one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...