Thursday, June 23, 2011

Almost 27 Weeks In...

Photobucket
From here on out, all belly pictures will feature my hand placed lovingly over my unborn child. Ha ha ha, that's only partly true. The real reason is to not gross anyone out with my horribly herniated (and painful) belly button. My OB told me last week I will likely need surgery to repair it after the pregnancy.

A progression...14, 20, 26 weeks.
Photobucket

Anyways, 27 weeks? I don't believe it! After my next appointment in mid-July, I will then be going for check-ups every two weeks. It's kinda freaking me out a little how fast the weeks keep ticking by!

I still really don't have any major complaints besides the heartburn, and if it's true that heartburn means your baby will be born with a full head of hair...well then, this baby's coming out with an afro. :) I am also totally exhausted by the time the kids are in bed (especially on nights Kris works). I'm finding it hard to feel motivated to do anything around the house at that time. Next week I will need to do the one-hour glucose test, which if history repeats itself, I will fail the one-hour and pass the three-hour. We shall see!

Brody got to feel the baby move for the first time a few nights ago! It was AWESOME! We had just finished reading before bedtime, and Brody always declares, "Cuddle time!" after we finish the last book. The baby was being very active, so I asked Brody if he wanted to feel him/her kick. I placed his hand on my belly, and within a few seconds he was able to feel a big kick. His face was priceless! He was just so amazed.

After my 20-week appointment and ultrasound, for some reason I was thinking pretty strongly that this baby is a girl. But I've since changed my mind...I think we're having a boy. Kris and I have thrown around a few different boy and girl names, but we probably won't know for sure for awhile. If it were up to Brody, if this baby's a girl her name will be Emersyn, and if it's a boy his name will be Jaxson. Ha ha! He doesn't think this will be confusing at all!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

An afro.....LMAO!!! You crack me up!

Oh and P.S. I hired a cleaning lady so since I'm not cleaning my own house I will come and clean yours for you while you are prego! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...