Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Lessons

We've learned a few things about our children while playing outside so far this summer! (And what is up with the weather?? Near 100 one day, 70s the next?!)

First up, Brody. He doesn't really play too long with anything. He just...tinkers. He wants to touch anything and everything, trying to figure out what makes it work. He wants to "play" with anything he finds that is not actually a toy. The lawnmower, shop vac, weed wacker, snow blower...just to name a few.
6/8/2011

6/8/2011

Here's about the only thing that keeps his attention for a long period of time. Loves to mow the lawn!
6/8/2011

Next up, Emersyn. She is the easiest (usually) to watch over and keep track of because she loves to observe and take her time with each new activity. She really enjoys the water table, as well as repeatedly getting in and out, in and out of the baby pool.
6/8/2011

(I'm trying to figure out how something so insanely cute can be SO moody. :) )
Photobucket

6/8/2011

Finally, Jaxson. Loves playing with the hose, eating chalk, and pulling grass--in that order.
6/8/2011

Future fireman??
Photobucket

Little blonde boys with red cheeks = LOVE!!!
6/8/2011

Another thing is they all love the sprinkler!
6/8/2011

6/8/2011

6/8/2011

6/8/2011

These two always seem to want the piece of chalk the other is using at that very moment, even though there are at least 20 sticks in that container. :)
6/8/2011

She looks totally adorable playing t-ball. Yes, she holds the bat the wrong way, but she's got the idea!
6/8/2011

6/8/2011

These three are a lot of work, but they are so worth it.
6/8/2011

6/8/2011

3 comments:

Becky said...

Reese has the same bathing suit!:) Gotta love Target!

Anonymous said...

Re: Dashboard... When I click on your blog updates it just gives me a link and says "we couldn't find a feed for it". So no biggie - I just click the link and here I am! Enjoying your blog as always!

My, oh my, are those kids ever cute. Do I say the same thing every time I comment? Well I'm sorry - but your kids are flipping adorable! :) I love all your summer time fun pictures and especially love Emersyn's cutest expressions and hair and t-ball play. How do you not just eat her up?

Also, that pic of you and Brody at Heritage Days is so sweet. You look great, btw.

Casey Rethman said...

The last few of all of them together.........RIDICULOUSLY CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...