Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Four Years.

Nope, we can't believe it either.
(Love these first three pics from our visit to Simpson Garden.)
8/27/2011

8/27/2011

8/27/2011
Such a big boy, huh?!

Four-Year Stats:
Weight 34.8 pounds (40th %)
Height 39 3/4 inches (36th %)
Photobucket
Happy Birthday, Brody!

When I think about the past four years that you have been in our lives, I am most definitely proud to be your mommy. You'll always be our first baby...the boy that changed us from just Kelly and Kris to Mommy and Daddy.

Our world changed the day we found out you were on the way. We spent months and months wondering what you'd look like and who you'd become, and when your special day finally arrived, we looked at you with more love than either one of us thought we were capable of possessing.

Of course, being the first-born means that we experience almost everything in parenthood first...with YOU. Sometimes I feel bad that it seems like we make all our mistakes with you. But that just means that you are teaching us, too, and we are growing and learning together as a family.

And oh, little boy, have we learned a ton about you in this fourth year of your life! We've learned that you have a passion for tractors and big construction machines. You know many by name, and you can spot them a mile away while we are driving somewhere. You love books, and you look forward to our story times each and every day. You continue to be a great helper. You want to be right in the mix of anything we do--cooking, cleaning, laundry, building something. You are going to be a very well-rounded little man and will make some lady very happy one day...a long, long time from now. :) Routine is very soothing for you, and when something changes that comfort or when something new begins (preschool) it can take you awhile to adjust. Somehow, you always do though, and we are very proud of you. I think my favorite thing in the world to do is to sit back and watch you in "Big Brother" mode. You have the ability to be so patient with your little bro and sis, and they just love you so much. I know your littlest brother will adore you in much the same way.

We've had some difficult moments this year, too. It seems like we never get through a day without at least a couple major meltdowns from you! Some days you just can't understand why we have certain rules, or why you're not allowed to do this or that. You have a hard time listening and paying attention and staying focused for any length of time. All things that will improve this year, I'm sure! (Or...I sure hope so!)

There's no one that can stress us out more, but there's also no one that can make us laugh harder or smile bigger. You are four, Brody!! We can't believe it! Love you more than you know.

*******

Brody's birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, so he was able to celebrate at preschool with his classmates, and Kris was the classroom helper that day as well. He came home with a birthday crown, a new book, and a big smile!
Photobucket

I think we owe him a big bash next year or something because his birthday has kind of fallen by the wayside the last couple years with new babies and getting adjusted to working again (last year). We threw together something real quick--pizza and ice cream sundaes with family over--and he was happy with that.
Photobucket

He received several nice gifts including a mini trampoline, OSU football, Lego-type toys, John Deere attire, and nice outfits for school.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this is one of my recent faves. I just love watching little kids' faces when "Happy Birthday" is being sung to them. It's like they're thinking, "Wow. All these people are here to celebrate me. This is special. I am special."
Photobucket
He is special!

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Happy birthday to your biggest boy! I cannot believe he is 4! It seems like just the other day you brought him home! He is such a sweet boy and a GREAT big brother!

P.S. I got a good giggle out of the picture of him with his presents. Poor Luca is stuck outside watching the fun through the window! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, "Farmer Brody"!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...