Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Today we celebrated Emersyn and Jaxson's 2nd birthday! I just don't know what to think about this because it seems like we celebrated their very first birthday not so long ago. Anyways, I went with a very simple zoo/animal print theme. There were many other ideas and decorations I had bought supplies for, but in the end, of course I had neither the time nor energy for everything that was bouncing around in my mind!
Photobucket

Invites...
Photobucket

Party outfits I made them with onesies and felt from Hobby Lobby. I just cut out the 2s and attached with fabric glue. Doesn't get much easier than that!
9/3/2011

So we had a little family cookout and pool party beginning at about 5pm. All week long it looked like thunderstorms were going to be in the forecast, but luckily they held off. I made cupcakes for our dessert.
9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

Trying to get some cute shots of the birthday kids before their outfits were ruined. :)
Photobucket

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

We borrowed a little bounce house from someone Kris works with and set it up out front for the cousins to play in.
9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

Tae-o trying to blow up one of those punching ballons...
9/3/2011

Photobucket

These pictures are kinda icky, but I'm posting them anyways. My birthday babes and I! Oh, and yes, I'm wearing a dress! Write this date down in history because it doesn't happen often.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Singing time! I wouldn't be surprised if this was the highlight of the evening for both Em and Jax. They've been singing the whole "Happy Birthday" song to themselves for at least a month now. They love watching our family movie of their first birthday from last year also.
9/3/2011

9/3/2011

9/3/2011

Photobucket

9/3/2011

Some swimming to end the evening...
9/3/2011

9/3/2011
And now we've officially entered those Terrible Twos (x2). Ah, we know the 3s are worse, so maybe this year won't be so bad. :)

Thanks to all family members who came to celebrate, contributed food, and gifted our little ones with some awesome presents. They (and we) are very lucky to have you in their lives!

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Love their shirts! You are so stinkin' creative! Looks like a great birthday party!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emmy and Jax!!! Love all these birthday posts and that is a super cute party theme.

Melissa said...

All I can say is wow! I threw Lyla's 3rd birthday party when I was 33 weeks pregnant and was exhausted.. I can't imagine doing that at 37 weeks! Your theme, invites, everything was adorable! You look wonderful, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...