It's the night before your big day, little one.
And, go figure, I cannot sleep.
I'm sure you've already learned that your mommy is a night-owl. Why, you've kept me company many nights!
But tonight I'm not up because I have a stack of papers waiting to be graded or lessons that need to be planned, nor because someone needs extra cuddles or to use the bathroom (again).
Nope. Tonight...well, I'm up because I'm excited about you.
And I can't stop thinking about you.
What you're going to look like, whether you're a boy or a girl, how much hair you'll have, how big your first cry will be, what it will feel like to have my last newborn placed in my arms.
What began as the biggest surprise last January is now so close.
We are hours away from meeting face-to-face.
And that moment is what I've been looking forward to for the past 8 months.
It will be indescribable. Other-worldly. Amazing.
A moment rivaled only by that of seeing your brothers and sister for the very first time.
I don't know how exactly I got so lucky...how I was blessed with four healthy children when some people will never have one.
And because of this blessing, I promise I won't let you down.
I will be your biggest fan, your shoulder to cry on.
Teaching you right from wrong, and loving you through it all.
I can't wait to watch you fit right in with our family.
It's definitely not always calm, and it's certainly not always quiet here in our cozy, messy, little home.
There is a lot going on, but you will always, always know how much you are loved and how important you are to this family.
I love you already.
See you soon.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Kel! I love this post! There is no doubt that Jayce will know just exactly how much you all love him! I am so happy for you and I hope you know that I am here for you if you need anything at all while you are learning to juggle 4 kids. I know you will do this with ease and patience as you always do but everyone needs a break sometime and I am more than willing! Love you all!
This brought tears to my eyes! You are such an amazing person and I am so happy for you and your family! Congrats!
So so sweet, Kelly. Congratulations on your baby boy! Here's to a new and exciting journey as a family of six! Can't wait to see him.
I just read your post about the night before Jayce was born. Brought me to tears. Love you girl!
Post a Comment