Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Final Summer Camping Trip

We went back to Harrison Lake July 27 - 30. Besides a rainy first evening, it was really nice weather! We've never had such a large campsite as the one we had this weekend. So much space to play and run around, and there was even a trail that began right behind our site.
Photobucket

While it was raining Friday evening, we kept the kids entertained by watching family videos and reading books and magazines.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday morning getting ready for a walk and playground time.
Untitled

Untitled

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jayce reaching for his big sissy.
Photobucket

Swimming...
Untitled

Photobucket

Here the kids were watching Kris start a fire.
Photobucket

We tried a few new campfire recipes this trip. First was a mac and cheese idea I saw in Family Fun. The noodles were cooked at home, and then the kids added their own cheese and other mix-ins like broccoli, red peppers, ham, and mushrooms.
Untitled

Photobucket

We camped with friends this time, and I think Emersyn was so happy to play with girls! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Our treat Saturday night...campfire cones! Saw this on Pinterest. You just stuff cones with whatever--we used strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, and chocolate chips--wrap in foil and warm over the fire. These were oh-so-good! The smaller cones were the perfect size for the little ones, but I think I'd like the bigger waffle cones next time.
Photobucket

Untitled

Breakfast Sunday morning...
Photobucket

I don't know if Jaycer was makin' a fashion statement or what, but he sure looks cute with a puff on his head!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another Family Fun treat: campfire eclairs! Wrap breadstick dough around stick, and then after pulling it off, you fill with vanilla pudding and top with chocolate frosting. Yum!
Photobucket

Photobucket

After the first batch (on the left) was so hard to pull off the stick, we then sprayed each stick with butter before wrapping the dough around it. They slid off nicely after that!
Untitled
We do have our annual Halloween camping trip in a couple of months, but this was likely the last camping trip of the summer!

2 comments:

Paintedpaper said...

awww. I love all the photos!!! Thanks for the mac and cheese recipe! I am gonna try that!!! :) I am so sad our summer is coming to an end. :(

Anonymous said...

First, this is an awesome post with TONS of great pictures.
Second, I love that you're IN some of them! It's so nice to have some pics with mama in front of the camera instead of always behind. I LOVE the one of you in the bounce house. ;)
Third, brilliant addition to the campfire cones: strawberries! Those look delish!
And finally, I especially love the pics of all four kids together. So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...