Friday, July 26, 2013

A Trip to the Cakery

Well, after two days spent mostly in bed healing from hernia surgery, I was itching to get out of the house this morning!
I still can't lift anything too heavy, but I can surely lift a cupcake to my mouth, right?!?!
 photo e8e64dd7-48fd-40a9-9bd1-b26aafa868ab_zps568b99ab.jpg

Kris's sister, Tiffany, turned her in-home cake business into a big deal!  Cakecrazy opened its doors a few months ago in Van Wert, and business is booming.  The kids were so excited when we told them where we were headed this morning.  We had to ask Tiffany beforehand about peanut products, and it worked out that there were no peanut items on the menu all week long, so it was perfectly safe for Brody to enjoy a treat as well! (We wouldn't have gone otherwise.)
 photo b22fdc66-d353-4f82-aa95-6f0168e40843_zpsc22fbb8b.jpg

Look at those smiles...cotton candy cupcakes for all!
 photo d70353fd-41f8-421e-b8cd-9ee6934d74e1_zps96c0a2db.jpg

The kids with their Aunt Tiff.
 photo 95052484-7c2b-48d5-aa8a-60d0dadbf0d8_zps7c76b912.jpg  photo 38044648-0958-43b5-a784-6bf34f938b73_zps41246c98.jpg

This girl...she shocked us by eating almost her whole cupcake!  The boys just couldn't hang. :)
 photo 2b914f42-1460-494e-af62-1fd26355d33f_zps90e628ef.jpg  photo 464667d5-e5df-4434-9440-174041d7767b_zpsc3025eff.jpg  photo a30b5a78-6fdc-411a-b8df-f11669bac9c5_zpsb683cd1f.jpg  photo 8e7c993f-a545-4504-bb6f-851c614f7f7a_zpsd0b59afa.jpg

Had to get a picture of the cute storefront, too!
 photo 7a1a1d48-e76f-4110-9aa0-e678c2d095bb_zpscd164492.jpg  photo f0baa2ef-5fc7-43bb-87d1-29e1d7b50116_zpse200c0c2.jpg

Then we stopped in to visit with Kris's mom (Ya Ya Eloise) for awhile.  The kids were loving checking out all her goodies,
such as these silly little "moon shoes."
 photo 0f588863-e8c7-4a7d-a616-687a9e911742_zpsd4f8a6d8.jpg  photo 3fa43c9f-36a0-4487-a491-9e6e42d6306d_zps004cc1eb.jpg  photo a4a5d838-9256-412a-9e74-8988575962be_zpsc083fb51.jpg  photo 3c020d5a-25fd-4bef-8542-f5533526109d_zpse557855c.jpg  photo a5a31d14-0f1b-47b1-886e-5e6d32c21013_zps4dc67d21.jpg

The kids also got to visit with big cousins Megan and Kyle (Tiffany's kids) for a little bit.  We ate lunch, and then I was really feeling like I had had enough walking around for the day.  We hoped everyone would snooze on the way back home, but only Jaycer got a little nap in!

This was such a fun visit, and I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go before all the school prep begins shortly.  Here are four of the cupcakes that made it home with us.  These things are unreal!  They are probably twice the size of a normal cupcake, and the flavor is just outstanding.  The flavors pictured are (clockwise from top left) french toast, chocolate dream, cotton candy, and maple bacon (favorite!).
 photo 2b02dd69-50b6-4f71-8868-cc370dea85da_zps52bc7cec.jpg
I feel super fat right now. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hernia surgery?! You poor thing! I hope you recover quickly and make sure you take it easy, mama! I know, highly unlikely, but I had to give it a shot ;) Super cute pics. I wish that cupcake place was closer to home!!! Yum!

Anonymous said...

What a super cute place! Love all the chairs, inside and out. And yum! Those flavors sound delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...