Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A shout-out to MY momma...


I love my mom.

When I think of every important stage and event that a young girl and young woman goes through, yep...she was there for all of it. She always used to tell me that when I was born the first thing she said was, "A girl...just like me!" I'd be lying if I said those same exact words did not run through my mind when I first laid eyes on my daughter.

We haven't always been the best of friends...I was admittedly probably a hard teenager to love. That's just one of those phases that some kids go through though, and she knew I'd come back around. I am so grateful that I have the most caring, most supportive, most loving mother to look up to. She always has the best advice, and she makes me feel better just by being in her presence. AND she always smells so good! LOL!!!!

She is also an amazing grandmother. She would sacrifice anything to help us out, and I know all three of our kids just adore her. The babies obviously can't talk yet, but Brody talks about "YaYa" constantly!! So much so on some days that it can get pretty annoying. :) That just goes to show how special and lovable she really is.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Love you more.

4 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

I simply don't believe that you were a difficult teenager. I don't think you could be difficult if you tried. :)

Anonymous said...

Ya, I was thinking the same thing. :)

Grandma Sharon said...

Kelly, I love you with my whole heart and soul. Some day you will have a chance to show your unconditional love for your kiddos.....I know you will help them weather difficult times too!! Love you!!!

tnbink said...

Love it! You took all the words out of my mouth...even the smelling good. I told drew the other day my favorite days to come home from work is when mom watches Tae cuz he smells like mom LOL weirdo!
And casey...bet u wouldn't believe how mean she was to her little sister either;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...