There will never be another post which includes SO many pictures of...ME!! In honor of Mother's Day coming up in a few days, here's a small collection of some of my favorite pictures with my favorite little cuties.
9/28/07 - I'm a Mommy!
Cuddling with Brody. He was about a month old here.
My little tootsie roll on his first Halloween.

Father's Day 2008...we were on my dad's boat.

1st birthday party

Hayride in October 2008

Halloween 2008

My birthday last year...I had just found out I was pregnant with twins a day or two before.

Nice and plump for my sister's wedding almost a year ago. :)

9/2/09 - Hey, I've got three kids now!

First mother/daughter pics. This was the day we left the hospital.


I can't believe I used to feed and burp them at the same time. This feels like it was yesterday...

My lil' peanuts on their first Halloween.

Snuggling Jax

Emmy and I in November...

Brody and I on Thanksgiving

Santa Babies

New Year's Eve 2009

Me and Em (Jan.)

With Brody on my birthday

Emersyn

Jaxson

My crazy boy...

Walking with all 3...

Love all 3 of my babies!

Emmy Girl


With Jax at the zoo
Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry about whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I could love someone so much.
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.
9/28/07 - I'm a Mommy!
Cuddling with Brody. He was about a month old here.
My little tootsie roll on his first Halloween.

Father's Day 2008...we were on my dad's boat.

1st birthday party

Hayride in October 2008

Halloween 2008

My birthday last year...I had just found out I was pregnant with twins a day or two before.

Nice and plump for my sister's wedding almost a year ago. :)

9/2/09 - Hey, I've got three kids now!
First mother/daughter pics. This was the day we left the hospital.
I can't believe I used to feed and burp them at the same time. This feels like it was yesterday...
My lil' peanuts on their first Halloween.
Snuggling Jax
Emmy and I in November...
Brody and I on Thanksgiving
Santa Babies
New Year's Eve 2009
Me and Em (Jan.)
With Brody on my birthday
Emersyn
Jaxson
My crazy boy...
Walking with all 3...
Love all 3 of my babies!
Emmy Girl
With Jax at the zoo
I got a cute e-mail forwarded from my mom today. I've heard it before, and every word is just so true. (Not sure of the author's name, and I put in bold type the parts that are my favorite.)
Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry about whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I could love someone so much.
Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.
Lovely, isn't it? As this Mother's Day approaches, I just feel incredibly happy and blessed that I even get to be a mother. My whole life I couldn't wait to just grow up, get married, and have babies. Being a mom is the one thing I knew with complete certainty that I wanted to be. It truly is the hardest, most rewarding job in the world.




4 comments:
Oh Kel, I love this. The poem is sooooo true and your pictures are precious! Lucky children to have such an amazing mommy!
Tears are in my eyes! I'm stealing that poem and putting it on my blog - hope you don't mind!!
What a beautiful post! I got teary over the poem too. Love all the pictures. Happy Mother's Day, Kelly!
Yep...I'm crying! LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. You are a supermom and all of your children are so lucky to have you to call mommy!
Post a Comment