Sunday, October 24, 2010

Painting Pumpkins...and Brody

So...I had this wonderful, cutesy vision of an autumn evening spent painting pumpkins, joy and laughter from family filling every corner of the house. Warm cider. Popcorn. Cookies. Ya know, the works. I just remember Brody enjoying himself doing this same thing last year, and I couldn't wait to repeat the experience for him again...he loves painting!

And since the 3 babies all just recently turned one year, I thought this would be the perfect age to let them join in on the fun as well. Can you picture it? Three cute, stripped-down tots, seated behind little plump, orange pumpkins. Squealing in delight each time they dip their teeny hands into a bright shade of finger paint. Watching in wonderment as they create their very first masterpiece....

What's that? You can't picture it? They're a tad too young, you say?? Well, someone should've told me!!


Sorry folks, no pictures of Babies Gone Wild...with paint. I was too preoccupied preventing my two from eating the colorful, tempting stuff. My sister actually wasn't dumb enough to let my nephew try this. She did, however, have a cool idea of putting handprints/footprints on a big pumpkin.




Oh. And, well. Then there was Brody. Started off fine enough. But somewhere along the line, we (and I mean HE) decided it would make so much more sense to just go ahead and paint his body.










So focused!!








Hands & feet



Yeah, not the pretty picture of an evening I had played out in my mind beforehand. But it's definitely not something I'll ever forget. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brody is so funny - love the "I love you" on his belly. :) And I think the hands and feet pumpkin is genius! Fun, fun.
Doesn't it seem like the things we have such high hopes for never work out as planned and then things that were just spur of the moment turn out amazing?

tnbink said...

waaaaaay too much fun, love every minute we get with you guys :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...