Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weekend Stuff

I know...it's Thursday, and I'm just getting around to posting some extra weekend pics from last weekend. But I started this on Sunday. Promise!!

Here's the thing about weekends: I love them, and I loathe them. Love them because I get to wake up early and ease, leisurely, into our day. My mind isn't aflutter with all the things I need to get done as soon as my feet hit the hallways. During the week, my heart actually starts to race while I'm getting myself ready or sitting in the rocker feeding the babies as my mental list of to-dos continues to get longer and longer...

But alas, on weekend mornings, if we want to poke around, or lay in bed chatting or reading stories...well then, that's just what we do. And the past couple weekends I have vowed to not even think about schoolwork until Sunday evening--which then makes for an extremely loooooong night...and in turn leaves me hating the weekend and kicking myself for not working Friday and Saturday nights. The first month or so of the school year, I was spending almost every Sunday afternoon in my classroom. That really stinks. And it's not fair to my own little ones. So, I'm going to try not to do that more than once a month.

I love weekends for all the extra time with my family. All the day-in, day-out stuff that I had been used to during my year at home. They make me smile. A lot. They turn everyday moments into amazing productions...complete with lights, camera, action. Well, in my eyes anyway. They make saying good-bye on Monday morning extremely difficult.

See what I mean??

Ah, Friday night diaper dancing. I should post a video. Way cute!




This one cracks me UP!




Early morning snack Saturday morning while waiting for Brody to wake up. I don't even care that I'm not sleeping in! I'm just so excited that I don't have to leave them!!




Sleepy-eyed still...


Breakfast before heading out to the Pumpkin Path? Pumpkin pancakes, of course!



Emmy...I swear she can go through just about every emotion possible in about 30 seconds!




And the weather Sunday...was it just gorgeous or what??







Brody posing in our makeshift graveyard...


Swung by Tracy and Drew's on our walk. Tae had just gotten up from a morning snooze.



Hee hee!




Brody leading the wagon-bus...




Brody & Assistants


And a recent-ish development: fighting over things!! Here, they were "fighting" over a small wooden rocker that normally holds our "living room books."


Jax won...this time. And he just sat back and watched his sissy cry.


Boo hoo!

This morning as I was giving hugs and kisses before heading out the door, I said to each child, "It's almost Friday! I get to be home with you all weekend!!"
Here's to this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It's just so sweet in an "everyday life" kind of way. Makes me look forward to the weekend too. Have a great Halloween with your little ones!

Casey Rethman said...

Kelly you are the best mom! Love this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...