Brody got to enjoy a later-than-usual bedtime both nights, and was excited about his glow sticks.
Almost sleepy time. Don't they look so cozy?
Someone stole Emersyn's nukkie!
Hanging out in the camper for a bit Saturday morning. We ALL slept in until 8:00!! Wha wha wha WHAT?!?! Yes. It was amazing.
The weather was just gorgeous! It was a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings, but seriously, we couldn't have asked for more perfect conditions.
I love eating outside! Breakfast was blueberry pancakes, fruit, and sausage.
Brody needing a break from the craziness...
Just before waking Brody up from his naptime Saturday around 4:00. Trick-or-treat lasted from 4:30-6:00.
Emmy ready to roll!
Jaxson
Every time we turned around we could hear someone saying, "Aww, look at the pumpkins!" "Ohhhh, they're so cute!" "Look at the twins!"
Brody the Lion...equally as cute! ROAR!
He was so polite and said "thank-you" at each stop. I was surprised we didn't have to get rid of much candy, as most did not contain peanuts/PB.
Love the from-behind view...
I didn't get many pictures of individual campsites, but people really go all-out decorating their sites for this weekend. There were some amazing set-ups that obviously took a great deal of time and looked perfect in the dark. After trick-or-treating, we came back to the camper for chili and then took a long walk and visit to the park.
Ohhh this was the cutest thing ever. EVER! I've been wanting to get a picture of this for a long time. They were hysterically laughing the whole ride.
Tee hee!
Brody went up and down the slide over and over again...
There were hayrides and a bonfire, neither of which we were going to keep the kids up for. We did, however, stop and jam to some tunes the DJ was spinnin.'
Jax was really getting into it!
The excitement carried over into the bedtime routine. He's screaming here! (P.S. Kris has been begging me to let him cut Jaxson's hair, and after seeing this pic, I might just have to give in. I'm holding out as long as possible though. :)
Emmy Girl...
+094.JPG)
+096.JPG)
Just a perfect weekend. Yes, there were moments of craziness here and there, but I can't even remember those now. I remember the smiles. I remember the giggles. I remember the cuddles every morning from sleepy-eyed children. I remember the excitement. And I remember thinking that this is the kind of fun I've always dreamed of having.

3 comments:
Aww. How fun! Did the babies really sleep together in the pack 'n play? I'm impressed! But I guess twins are just used to being close, huh? Looks like a great trip.
LOL, no just Jax sleeps in the pack 'n play. We have one of the bunks rigged up for Em. :)
I also meant to ask you how on earth you manage weekend trips now that you're back to work!?!? Do you feel super stressed on Monday having missed that time to get everything done or do you work ahead? Or are you just a very cool mom/wife/teacher that can roll with it and make do? :) I'd love to learn your mindset if you are the latter. ;) Great job working in family time amidst everything else.
Post a Comment