Thursday, October 7, 2010

Twins are 13 months!

Not only did Maeteo turn one year old on October 2nd, but the babies also turned 13 months old! I remember this day, exactly a year ago, perfectly. It really wasn't possible for me to be at my sister's side while she was in labor since I was feeding babies, oh, every hour and a half or so?? I was texting back and forth with my dad the whole day, and when I received the text that she had delivered, I was...nursing, of course!

These were after we came back home from Tae's big birthday party:








Always moving...


Cutie booties

Has it really been over a month since their first birthday party?! Eeek! I haven't even written thank-you notes yet! (Slacker) Anyways, both babies are growing and learning every day. They pretty much eat whatever we are having for dinner--not much need to prepare anything separate for them as was happening a few months ago. This is a huge time saver! Still nursing once in the A.M. and once in the P.M. My sister and I were just talking about this the other night, and I was telling her that probably the biggest reason I am continuing to do this is because it really is such a nice, relaxing, cuddle session with each of them, and since I only have a total of about 3-4 hours with them on the weekdays, it just makes me feel close to them and not so guilty about being away.

Emersyn Elizabeth - 13 months!



I know what you're thinking...she's SO adorable, right? Adorable and incredibly crabby!! She has had a rough month. I don't know if she's cutting more teeth or what, but she spends a lot of time whining. There were a few nights in a row where she was up several times, and that is very uncharacteristic of her. She's always been the great sleeper at night. We are finally starting to see some strength in those little legs of hers, standing often and walking around things. She tries to talk/babble to us all the time, and she recently started saying, "Uh-oh," after dropping things. Cutest voice ever!! One big change is that she has decided she hates getting a bath. She screams and kicks the entire time. I've just put her back into the baby tub the last couple times, and that has helped, but she still doesn't enjoy it. :(

Jaxson Thomas - 13 months old!





Jax has turned into a big-time Momma's Boy. As soon as he hears my voice when I walk in the door, he breaks out into the biggest smile, while at the same time whining in desperation, and moves those little arms and legs faster than you can imagine. Melts my heart, but then he won't let me put him down so that I can greet my other 2 cuties! He's a Mommy Hog, I tell ya. I am surprised that he is not walking independently yet...as soon as we let go of his hand, he plops down on his booty. His latest fascination is turning the light switch off before I put him down for bedtime. He smiles and starts laughing when I ask him, "Do you want to turn the lights off?" And in case I haven't mentioned, he's been a pretty good sleeper since shortly after getting tubes in his ears...hallelujah!
Another month...come and gone. I'm sure I'll have more exciting news next month. They are catching onto things so quickly and are loads of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Such cute kiddos. Happy 13 months, babies!

Sophie loves the light switch too. :)

Amy said...

They are getting cuter by the minute. It's been SO long since I've seen them!

Casey Rethman said...

I love the close up of just Emmy! Well they are all freakin' adorable but that one of her is just too much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...