Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weeeee...He's THREE!

This past Tuesday, September 28th, the first-born turned three! I cannot believe!! Kris and I had planned to have a special "Brody Day" on the 27th (I had taken the whole day off work), but sadly, we unexpectedly had to attend the funeral services of my aunt. So, we still owe him his special day with just Mommy and Daddy.

Kris sang to Brody for breakfast and stuck a candle in his pancakes.


Okay. I feel kinda like his birthday was a dud. Not that it wasn't special for us, but I just have had NO free-time to do anything extra. We just had my parents and siblings over Tuesday night for dessert. I would've loved to have served a nice dinner to all and created a few more special decorations for Brody, but it just wasn't happening this year.

We had John Deere tractor cupcakes and hung some green and yellow balloons and streamers several places.


He was still napping when I got home from school, so we decorated his doorway.


After waking up...


Birthday kisses...






SUPER excited about his new John Deere from Yaya and Papa.


Gift opening


Getting a little help from Jordan and Jaxson


Cute shirt!


One thing we got him was a John Deere "weed whacker." This has gotten tons of use so far. He loves it!


Singing...


I love that he was feeling so special. So I guess maybe it wasn't a "dud" after all, right?


Storm Trooper helmet from my dad.



To conclude here...
1st birthday: no clue what was going on.
2nd birthday: slightly impressed, yet no interest in gifts or attention.
3rd birthday: the anticipation in the days/weeks leading up to the big day, the realization that this is his special day, excitement over presents, ear-to-ear grin while listening to family sing "Happy Birthday," looking back and remembering his day...AWESOME. This is the age that they finally "get" it. We are so excited for the holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy Birthday, Brody! Love the John Deere cupcakes and bedroom door decoration. Very cute and special birthday. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...