Thursday, June 28, 2012

African Safari

While texting back and forth one day over our last camping trip, I learned that Casey, her sis Ashley, their mom, and the little girlies were planning on visiting the African Safari. We were minutes away, so we decided to meet up with them! The drive-thru part was a much better experience than last year's...the twins were really unsure about it then.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello, there.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We disappointed a lot of animals because we ran out of our free cup of food pretty quickly and didn't purchase more than that.
Photobucket

Photobucket

It must be the nursing mother in me, but I about melted when I saw this baby deer eating. :)
Photobucket

So cute!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Giraffes are such beautiful animals...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mya loves Jayce!
Photobucket

Kid pic: Sophie, Stella, Mya, Jaxson, Brody, Emersyn.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brody rode a camel with Sophie. Jax really wanted to also, but he wasn't tall enough, and I'm not sure he would have been strong enough to hold on!
Photobucket

Random factoid about Jayce: he sucks/bites the left side of his lower lip, which makes the right side stick out, and it might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We played on the playground a bit...
Photobucket

...the boys watched a tractor doing some work, and then we loaded up to head back to our campsite for lunch. It was a great little day trip, and we were glad to experience it with friends. The kids have been talking about different things they saw there for days now!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!! So sweet that you got the nursing deer pic! Aren't those babies so cute?
Oh, and the lip thing with Jayce IS adorable. :)

Kendra said...

Looks like so much fun!! The restroom break picture of all four adorable little girls linked hand in hand is so, so precious! And finally the boys were outnumbered by girls! ;)

P.S. I might use your giraffe picture for a screensaver! I was recently at dinner with a group of coworkers and one of them said that all people look like some sort of animal. She then proceeded to tell us who our animal doppelgangers were (lion for me, I blame my big curly mane). Later we asked our server to do the same. She was quite reluctant, but ended up doing so and said I look like a giraffe. Pretty sure it was only because I was wearing fairly tall heels, but none the less I was happy. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...