Sunday, December 23, 2012

All That Prep

This post is all about a few simple things we did to prepare our home for the Christmas season!
We put up our tree a couple days after Thanksgiving.  I wanted the kids to pose on top of the box first, ha!
Photobucket Photobucket

I love my St. Nicholas Square village pieces, which we place on shelves behind the couch and the love seat.
This would be my house if I lived here...
Photobucket

And here's where I'd get my drink on. :)
Photobucket

Just snappin' some pics by the tree one weekend morning in December.  Who is this kid?!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My little helpers making puppy chow.  Shake, shake, shake!
Photobucket

Some of the outside lights...
Photobucket Photobucket

We did horrible with Elfie, our Elf on the Shelf, this year.  I think he even stayed in the same spot for three straight days.
Oops!  We just kept forgetting about the guy.
Photobucket

Fun, festive food.
Photobucket

I thought this looked so neat when I saw it on Pinterest: handprint manger scene.  Then I glued a line from "Silent Night" across all four of ours and hung them above the kitchen table.
Photobucket

Jaycer's is a little smudgy!
Photobucket

We decorated felt trees with glue and glitter and then hung them on a door with some Christmas cards.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The big boys helping with a batch of candy cane kiss cookies...
Photobucket Photobucket

And these put a smile on my face each year when I pull them out of storage!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Love, love, love the Bokeh in your pics! Love that black and white pic of B with the lights! Finally, I love the pic of the four sitting on the box. The facial expressions and Jaycer's one tooth is hilarious!

Casey Rethman said...

P.S. I LOVE all the Christmas crafts and I would love to live in your Christmas village and get my drink on at the tavern! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...