Sunday, December 9, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes, Vol. 9

Haven't posted one of these in a loooooong time!
Actually, I forgot I even had this saved as a draft until Jaxson asked me to play some "crunchy music" today. :)

1. (May)
Brody: I can't do this, and I don't have any patience left anymore!!
Me: You don't have any patience left?? Who says that?
Brody: Daddy does sometimes.
Me: What does that mean?
Brody: It means I'm being a pain in the rear end today!

2. (May) This month, Brody started referring to my mom as "your mom" in his conversations with me instead of "Ya Ya."  For example, "I love your mom."  Or, "I love to go to your mom's house."  He also started calling Kris's mom Ya Ya Eloise, and my mom then became "the original Ya Ya," hahaha!

3. (May) There was a fly buzzing around in between the window and the blinds.  Brody said, "I need to call the fly emergency so they can come get rid of this fly!"

4. (May) Brody: Mooommmyyy, I'm making you proud!  I'm putting my underpants on so no one can see my privates!!

5. (May) A grumpy Brody said this morning, "I woke up on the wrong bed!"

6. (June) On our camping trip to Harrison Lake, Emersyn and I were taking a shower in the shower house.  I had washed her up and asked her to stand and wait so I could wash myself quickly.  She pointed to my bare chest area and said, "Those are Jaycer's."  HAHA!

7. (June) My mom gave us a cherry tomato plant, and Brody could see it from his bedroom window.  One afternoon when he was supposed to be napping I hear, "You'll never believe this! There's ONE GREEN TOMATO! This is so awesome!!"

8. (June) Brody gets chapped under his bottom lip occasionally.  We usually coat it in Vaseline and it's better in a day or so.  This day I asked him, "What's happening with your lip? It was looking so good...were you scratching it or something?"  Brody, with a heavy sigh, says, "...at some point I probably did."

9. (June) Often I will affectionately call Jayce, "Jaycers." Jax corrects me every time saying, "It's not two, Mommy. There's just one Jaycer." LOL

10. (July) I wanted Brody to wake up from his nap, so I went in to gently rouse him.  He rolled over and said, "Just wake me up in two more days."

11. (July) When I'm reading to Brody at night and tucking him in, he usually makes at least one comment about missing Daddy.  Tonight he said, "I bet Daddy got another bad guy off the streets."  Aww!

12. (July) Brody was wearing underpants with Tow Mater on the bottom.  He said, "He (Mater) must be hungry for my bootie." LOL!

13. (Aug.) Emersyn was annoyed that Jax kept trying to touch the french braids on her head.  She told him,  "Don't touch my french hair!!"

14. (Aug.) Brody: I just saw a [U]PS truck...let's go see if they dropped off some cardboard boxes!!

15. (Aug.)
Me: Stop racing the cars through the kitchen--it's way too loud right now!
B: Unfortunately, I can't help it.

16. (Aug.) We were driving somewhere, and Jax saw a trampoline in someone's yard.  He announces, "Look, there's a jumpoline!!"

17. (Aug.) Brody sustained an injury to the head while running around the house...
Brody: Why do I have a big goose egg?
Me: Because you ran into the fridge.
B: Like a big ding dong?

18. (Sept.) Three cute things from Jax this month: 1) wanting to hear my "heartbeep" with his stethoscope, 2) calling Emmy's nail polish, "girl paint," and 3) saying "Jo-chef" for Joseph!

19. (Dec.) Jax: Mommy, can you turn on crunchy music? (a.k.a. country music, ha ha!)

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

This is the BEST one yet! I cracked up! I can't pick a fav because they are all hilarious. I bet you are always laughing at home!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I just wrote up a huge catch up draft last night too. Not quite ready to post yet, but it's been forever since I've done one!

Love this post!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! This had me cracking up! I can't pick a favorite either, but the "Those are Jaycers" comment from Emmy was crazy cute! I mean, seriously, I can only imagine how funny all those were to hear first hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...