Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Big Brother

I have really been pleasantly surprised at how well Brody has taken on the role of big brother. I know it's only been about 7 weeks since these two little ones entered his formerly-quiet life, but I really think he's accepting this new role and realizes they are here FOR GOOD! There are so many sweet things he has done. He has gently placed blankets over the babies' feet, he likes to help burp them, he slowly reaches for their heads to give them a loving touch, he gives them kisses, and he likes to give their swings a little push.

With that being said, the first couple of weeks after bringing the babies home were pretty rough on Brody. There were plenty of meltdowns and tantrums, and whenever people came to visit his favorite thing to do was to throw his toys around. He has started a very fake cry that mimics a newborn's cry. This is not surprising since he sees us respond immediately to the babies whenever they cry. He has gotten quite upset and points to the swings because he wants us to put one or both of the babies down. I know he is not doing anything abnormal for a child in this situation, but it is just hard seeing him so upset sometimes. I know in the long run this will only benefit him...he is learning to accept change and learning patience. He is learning that he is not the only person who needs mommy and daddy, and he is learning how to entertain himself for small chunks of time.

I am excited to watch the relationships between Brody and both twins grow and develop over the coming years. Will he and Jaxson grow up to become the best of friends? Will he teach Jaxson and Emersyn different sports/skills/things in general that he knows? Will he chase away all of Emersyn's boyfriends?? Ha ha! I definitely am not wishing time away, but it is so fun to think and wonder about the future and how our children will be in the years to come!

Here are two shots I've been trying to snap for a long time!! So what if I had to bribe him with one of our delicious pumpkin cookies we made last weekend???


It is very funny that the second Emmy or Jax starts fussing or wiggling, Brody wants nothing to do with holding them!! It's like he's afraid or something :)


Brody has been crazy about elephants for a couple months now. There's a Baby Einstein video that has an elephant puppet in it, and he just thinks it's hilarious. We watched this video constantly at the end of the summer while I was on bed rest. Kris found this very cute and cuddly stuffed elephant for a dollar last week.


Here you can see the new elephant shirt my mom got him! Halloween's coming up soon...any guesses as to what he might be this year???


This is just a sweet picture. Brody loves to watch Daddy leave for work. He stands at the door waving and blowing kisses. We always tell him to be careful and that we'll see him in the morning. As Kris pulls away, he flashes the overhead lights on the cruiser for Brody to see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...