Kris went back to work last week after having four weeks off. I didn't realize how much help he had been, especially in the mornings. While he was off, he was getting up with Brody around 7:00 in the morning. This allowed me to rest another hour or two with the babies as Kris got breakfast around for Brody, changed his clothes, and played with him. Kris gets home at 4 AM and usually goes right to sleep, so I am in charge of getting Brody up and around whenever he wakes for the morning. So far I have been able to time everything perfectly so that I am not nursing babies when Brody gets up or while I'm getting his breakfast...quite an achievement if I do say so myself :)
Well, Monday morning Kris worked overtime from 4AM-8AM. The babies were up to eat at around 6:00, and as I was finishing up I began to hear Brody whining over the monitor. He hasn't been sleeping well lately and has been waking at random times throughout the night. I started to hear things getting thrown so I put whoever I was burping at that moment down and went to try and settle Brody. It was still dark, and as I walked into his room I saw a white lump on the floor. I thought, "That better not be what I think it is..." Oh yes...it was. He had taken his extremely full diaper off and whipped it onto the floor. And it sure did land face-down with all contents touching the carpet!!!!! I frantically turned on the light and found Brody with his (dirty) little bare butt sitting on his bedsheet. Nice, huh? So I cleaned him up on the changing table, put new jammies on, took off his bedsheet, and inspected the crib (and my son) to ensure there weren't any "leftovers" from this delightful mess!! I frankly was too exhausted to put another sheet on, so I plopped him back in bed, turned on his lullaby music, and went back to calming the babies down. He was really crying, but I figured he'd calm himself down, and I laid back down and closed my eyes.
Let's just say it's a good thing I was so tired and didn't wake up...because when Kris came home he was greeted with the same experience...times 10! Brody was probably so upset that he pooed AGAIN, threw the diaper AGAIN, but this time the mess was everywhere in and on his crib/mattress, and on himself too. Kris gave him a bath and cleaned everything up before I woke up with the babies. Oh, and another thing...the dog had thrown up on our sort-of-new carpet in the living room, so Kris had to clean that up too. I know for sure I would've completely had a meltdown if it were me who had to clean the poop mess again and then walked out to find dog puke in the living room!
After this experience, I decided to use clear packaging tape around Brody's diaper for naps and bedtime. He absolutely CANNOT get the diaper off this way because the flaps are taped down. Potty training...here we come!!!!

1 comment:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! You are a saint Kelly! Not looking forward to the days when they can take it off themselves!
Post a Comment