Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pinecones & Birds

I am always trying to think of things that Brody and I can do or create on these days when we're spending so much time at home. He loves being outside, so one night while Kris was working and the babies were napping we headed out back to collect some pinecones. The neighbors actually have the tree in their yard, but tons of the pinecones fall in our backyard close to Brody's swing. We took a look at the big tree and talked about the pinecones (color, size, shape, texture, etc.). Then I gave him a bag, and we collected as many as we could fit into the bag!
Picking up pinecones

He was really excited about his little collection.

GOT to love this...peaking through the fence to check out what's happening in the neighbor's yard!


I cannot get over how old he looks in this pic. What happened to my baby boy?!?!


He was running at me to show me the bag when I shot this...too cute!!


And then...he enjoyed walking around the yard pointing out all the piles of...well, see for yourself :)


So THEN a few days later we made bird feeders with a few of the pinecones. I searched for a recipe that did not include peanut butter so that Brody could be involved in the whole process. We still have lots of leftover pinecones that we will use coming up here in November and December for some more special projects! I know, I'm such a teacher, right?
Spreading the "glue"
Rolling in birdseed

Ta-Dah!!!!!


And while we're on the topic of birds, check out my little baby bird on the right :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...