Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Six Weeks!

Emersyn and Jaxson are six weeks old today! It got me thinking about a couple things. First of all, I went back to work after my maternity leave two years ago when Brody was just over six weeks old!! I cannot imagine going back to work right now...I would definitely not be effective! I remember crying so many days when Brody was a newborn because I didn't want to leave him when I went back to work. It wasn't as bad as I thought when I actually did go back though because the school days are so crazy-busy that I didn't have time to sit and think about how much I was missing him. I really think working mothers should be able to take AT LEAST 12 weeks off--and get paid for all that time as well.

During the time that we were trying to get pregnant a second time, I jokingly said that if we got pregnant with twins I was going to take an entire year off of school. In reality, that was a hard decision to make. We will now be living off of one paycheck until the beginning of next school year. I am trying not to stress about that aspect so that I can really enjoy all this time off with each of my 3 little ones! I will probably never be able to do this again so I want to cherish every moment. I also know that I would not be able to be the kind of teacher that I want to be if I were going back to work now, and that wouldn't be fair to my students. I'm sure some people would be awesome at handling work and 3 very young kids at home, but I don't think I am one of them.

I feel very lucky that I get to be a stay-at-home mommy for this year. I am SO looking forward to watching the twins develop over their first year of life...I shouldn't miss a thing! I am also grateful to give Brody the extra attention he would not be receiving from me if I were at work all day long. When I feel bad about spending so much time taking care of the babies, I need to think about that!! Here's some new pics:

The twins are getting more alert and focusing their eyes on objects for longer periods of time. I put them under this toy, and they were kicking their legs and moving their arms like crazy!


They are so fun to watch!


Check out Jaxson's receding hairline! Hee, hee. This is a pretty good smile...still not his biggest and brightest, but I'll take it :)


I think it's great they'll always have a same-aged playmate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...