Saturday, December 26, 2009

Long, Wonderful Christmas!

I was so afraid Brody was going to be miserable all day on Christmas because when I got home from midnight mass, Kris said that Brody had already been up 3-4 times crying and coughing really hard. Thankfully, he was in a pretty good mood...just a cold.

This is before the gift opening:


Stockings were first. Boy, was Brody excited to pull out M&M's! Don't you love Kris's big mouth in the picture?


Emmy had some snacks (which she can't eat yet) and a sundress in her stocking. At least I think...I can't even remember what I put in there.


Jax and his stocking


We put this kitchen set off to the side because we wanted Brody to open it last, but he ran right to it first thing and ripped off the paper before we could stop him, LOL.


He was extremely excited about his drum...


...and his microphone!!


Performing for the twins


The morning flew right by, and then we headed to P-ville for brunch (egg casserole and german pancakes) and more gift opening at my dad's house. Here's a couple shots of Tae, Emmy, and Jax.



Then we went back home to unload, let the dog out, feed babies, and we were off again to Norwalk for Christmas at my Grandma and Grandpa Hipp's house. Earlier in the morning I was looking around for a gift bag for my grandparents' gift and came across a plain one. I know we've just about worn this reindeer out, but I had an idea to do the reindeer on the bag using Brody's foot, Em's hand, and Jax's hand. Turned out pretty cute! FYI: Jaxson and Emersyn do, in fact, have thumbs...if you recall a post before, it was hard to do their hands!


First official photo of the five of us...I can't believe it took 3.5 months :O)


Jax and Daddy


Emmy and Mommy


Brody down in the basement playing with the chalkboard. Some family members were talking about the many hours and hours of entertainment this has provided the children in our large family over the years.


My mom got another pinata (remember the turkey?). Brody got to hit it on the floor after he got in his jammies.
We got home just after midnight...we were all exhausted. Brody went three days straight without a proper nap in his own bed (naps in a vehicle are just not the same), and I think it really wore him out. I am sad that Christmas came and went so quickly, but I am looking forward to getting back into normal routines, which includes both sleep and mealtimes.
We made some lasting memories this year, and the kids received some awesome gifts...they are truly loved and adored by our families!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...