From finding out I was pregnant in early January to the birth of the twins in September and the adjustment in the following months, it seems like the year 2009 was all about the babies! Here's a quick look back at our amazing year.

This month I also saw my normal OB/GYN, Dr. Puckett. I love this ultrasound...it is so amazing to me. I'm not sure who is who, but I was about 10 or 11 weeks along here.

I also thought it was safe to tell my students the big news after this appointment. They had several funny comments: "Really?! For real??" "But what about Brody?" "Where are you gonna get 'em taken out at?" "Twins...I just can't believe it." "I think you should name them Mario and Luigi." Gosh, I love kids!

First picture of all our cuties.
Kris and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on the 18th, and Kris's birthday was on the 24th. Brody turned two years on the 28th! Here's a picture of his cake again:
Halloween!
Our elephant and two peanuts
January - On the 5th I took a home test, and it was POSITIVE!!! I was so very excited that Brody was going to be a big brother. We used this picture of him holding the test and put a little text bubble on it that said, "So....this means I'm going to be a big brother?" to tell our parents.
Later that month I was having some pain, and since I have an ectopic pregnancy risk I headed back to the Fertility Center for an ultrasound, and...SURPRISE!! Twin blessings!!


February - Brody bought us a minivan for our expanding family. Sometimes I still don't think it's big enough. (The van, I mean.)

This month I also saw my normal OB/GYN, Dr. Puckett. I love this ultrasound...it is so amazing to me. I'm not sure who is who, but I was about 10 or 11 weeks along here.

I also thought it was safe to tell my students the big news after this appointment. They had several funny comments: "Really?! For real??" "But what about Brody?" "Where are you gonna get 'em taken out at?" "Twins...I just can't believe it." "I think you should name them Mario and Luigi." Gosh, I love kids!
March / April - I reached the second trimester in my pregnancy in March and began to feel a little more like myself again!
No more highchair!
Meeting the Easter Bunny in April:
May - I reached the halfway point in my pregnancy. We had the longest, most detailed ultrasound ever on the 5th, but we told them not to tell us the genders even though I was convinced it was two boys.
And here's Jaxson at 20 weeks:

By the way...a very small part of me believed it could be one of each, and I always said head-down baby was a girl and breech baby was a boy. That counts for something, right? My intuition isn't THAT off, ha ha.

By the way...a very small part of me believed it could be one of each, and I always said head-down baby was a girl and breech baby was a boy. That counts for something, right? My intuition isn't THAT off, ha ha.
Also this month, we added a new member of the family when my sister Tracy married Drew on May 23rd. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to!
June / July - We tried to do a lot of camping, swimming, and playing these two months because I wasn't sure how great I'd feel in August.
Playing in the pool at Cedarlane, one of our favorite campgrounds...
A trip to the zoo...
August - This was the longest month of my life. Here's the belly at the beginning of August. I was 34 weeks, can you believe that?? Soooooooo huge, and I went another 3.5 weeks!
The last couple weeks in August were rough. I spent one night in the hospital after my blood pressure spiked, my medicine was increased like four different times, and I was to do nothing but lay on the couch. It was very hard to do this when I just wanted to spend as much time playing with Brody as I could, but my family helped out tremendously. They are the BEST!!
September - On the 2nd, our beautiful and healthy babies were born! It was a day I'll never forget.
September - On the 2nd, our beautiful and healthy babies were born! It was a day I'll never forget.
First picture of all our cuties.
Kris and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on the 18th, and Kris's birthday was on the 24th. Brody turned two years on the 28th! Here's a picture of his cake again:
October - The babies turned a month old the same day their cousin, Maeteo Joseph, was born! They're all going to be such good buddies for life!!
Halloween!
Our elephant and two peanuts
November - Brody moved to his new bedroom this month. It took a couple weeks for him to adjust, but he now loves his big boy bed!

Cousins on Thanksgiving
Cousins on Thanksgiving
Good-bye, 2009! Happy New Year, everyone!!
















4 comments:
AWWWWWWWWW! that brought tears to my eyes....its been such a wonderful year! btw...your bellyu does NOT look very big in that picture!
What an amazing year! I'm so happy for you and your wonderful family.
Love it! Another great idea to reflect on a year's past:) You have a very blessed family!
That was so awesome Kel. We haved so very many blessings to be thankful for!
Post a Comment