2) I walked by Brody's room at about 9:15 Tuesday night on my way to lay Emmy down. This was the first night we had plugged the outdoor Christmas lights in. I hadn't heard a peep from him for a good 45 mintues, so I fully expected to find him fast asleep. Instead, he was sitting up by the window, holding the shade open with one hand, and just staring outside at the lights. It was so cute that I stood there a moment watching him take in all the enchanting lights. Kris was working that night, and he said he drove by a couple times and all he could see was a head in the window, LOL.
3) I usually lay both babies down side-by-side when I'm changing both diapers or putting clothes or jammies on. One day this week while they were both laying there, I leaned over them and started talking to them. They both were smiling back at me, laughing, cooing, and just going crazy. This is so special and amazing when there's only one baby, but two?!?! Ahhhh, it's almost too much to stand! I love twins!!
4) Tuesday Emmy had a blowout all over her jammies and the vibrating chair she was sitting in. When I picked her up and realized what happened (um, because my hands were all WET!) I must've made a pretty funny face because she looked into my eyes and gave me the biggest smile. What else could I do but smile back?? And give her a bath...was a good one!!
5) I wasn't smiling when this happened because it was not a good night, but now looking back on it I think it's hilarious. Brody has been crazy about guitars lately...he'll pull CD's and DVD's off the shelves and show us the guitars, and he loves seeing them on TV during music videos or whenever a band is on. In the past week (since the baptism, if you recall that picture), he has now been drumming everything with his hands. One night this week he was drumming on a stool, and without missing a beat he turned around and started drumming my behind as I was standing at the sink giving one of the babies a bath! He just laughed and laughed.
6) The babies have been drooling like crazy lately--especially Jaxson. He can drool straight through his bibs and shirts in minutes. Sometimes it looks like they are blowing bubbles, and Brody gets a kick out of that since he loves bubbles. Emmy was laying on a boppy pillow and started blowing her little spitty bubbles. Brody saw and started looking around the living room for something. He ran and got a burp rag, knelt down beside Emmy, and ever so gently wiped her "bubbles" away. She of course smiled back at him. He can be SO sweet!
7) Getting to hold my nephew, Maeteo. My sister came over one day this week to visit, and both Emmy and Jax were sleeping in their swings, so I actually got to cuddle him! Whenever we're together it seems I'm always taking care of one of my babies or someone else in the family is holding Tae, and I never get the opportunity!
8) See pictures below...
Several times this week I have tried to put both babies in the Bumbo sitters. I get one baby in, but before I can get the other one in, SOMEBODY sneaks in and steals it!! It makes for some cute photos though!
9) THIS scene makes me smile! No explanation needed...

1 comment:
Brody is so smart. He is going to blow your mind when he starts talking! I also totally know the feeling of how nice it is to cuddle your niece/nephew. It doesn't happen often because having two babies of your own definitely keeps your hands full but when I get the chance to love on Sophie it is wonderful.
Post a Comment