Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Van Wert Christmas...and That Deer

Today was fun and exciting...and a little stressful at the end! This morning we made a gingerbread waffle recipe from Rachael Ray that I've been wanting to try. I tried to make Brody's little men look like they were wearing winter hats, ha ha!
Jaxson wiggled his way under the tree this morning! He is always in a different place if we leave the room for a minute and come back.

Big brother kisses!!!



Santa Babies! These outfits make me smile. Kris's mom got them for the babies, and since we were going to Van Wert to celebrate Christmas with the family we wanted them to wear these!



Me with the twins


Kris and the twins


All the cousins at Kris's mom's house...on the couch is Kyle, Jax, Ally, Megan, Em, and Abby. On the floor by Brody are Tyson and Nathan...they are twins!


Ally and Megan with the babies


Brody playing with the boys and giving high-fives!


Opening presents...Brody got some nice shirts, two books for his Tag Junior, and some bath toys!


Brody got an enormous kick out of this dart gun, which made Kris excited. Whenever he asks if he can get Brody a toy gun I tell him NO! It kinda freaks me out a little to picture Brody walking around the house with a toy gun. Maybe I'm weird, I don't know.


Sooooooo, we left Van Wert about 7:30 P.M. and that was perfect because the babies were due to eat again at 9ish, and we would be able to make it home by then. We were on St. Rt. 30 (like 30-40 minutes into our drive), and Kris and I were just talking while all three kids had fallen asleep. Suddenly four deer ran out in front of us, and here was the unlucky one that didn't make it across...

You can't really tell from this picture, but it did quite a number on our front end.

It was just crazy...I've never experienced this before (came close several times), but many people have said that it seems like everything moves in slow motion, and that's exactly how I would describe it. I was really upset (or shaken, maybe) for a few minutes. It's just scary to think that my whole entire world was in that little van, and in a split second something can cause an accident. All three kids started crying after the van stopped, so it was a little stressful for awhile. I fed both babies while we waited for a ride. Kris's brother-in-law, Brent, came to pick us all up in his family's Tahoe. What a job it was to unload all three car seats and re-install them into his vehicle, and then take them all back out again when we finally got home, not to mention all the gifts and other gear we travel with! I am so thankful nobody was hurt and this is just a minor inconvenience!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...