Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hangin' At Home

We have had a slow, sleepy week at home this week. Brody had a bad cold last weekend and is just starting to feel better. Kris and I both felt like we were coming down with something as well, and I think Jax may have had some sniffles too. As a result of his cold, Brody didn't sleep well for about 3 nights in a row, and Jaxson still is having a difficult time transitioning to his crib. Tuesday night--no kidding--he cried about every 15 minutes the whole night. It was ridiculous!

We had plans to visit the zoo Monday night--even sat in the van waiting in line, but it was lightly raining and we just decided maybe it wasn't a great idea because of Brody's cold and we weren't feeling the greatest either. So we turned it into a drive-around-BG-looking-at-lights night! We had our Starbucks (gingerbread latte, YUM!)--all that was missing was some cookies to munch on :) Then we planned on the zoo again Tuesday night but decided it was too cold. Ahh, well. We'll get there eventually.

More cookie-cutter food shapes the other night. Snowman bean and cheese quesadilla.


And speaking of food, we also made a "Brody Sandwich..."


...and a "Brody Burrito." LOL


I decided to go ahead and put my St. Nicholas Square pieces up on shelves on both sides of the tree. I still need to place some decorative "snow" around them, but it looks really cool at night. Brody loves to look at them.


Here's our tree all lit up with our stockings behind.


AND the babies received their very first ornaments in the mail this week from my Aunt Paulette. Thanks, Aunt Paulette...you're the best! Aren't these so cute? She also sent a fun winter book for Brody, and I was so excited because the kids in the story are sledding, and I was just saying how I couldn't wait to take Brody sledding this year and do a couple other fun snow activities with him. Come on, snow!!


Look what Brody brought home from his early intervention class! Can you say...cutest project EVER?!?! So, for sure doing this with the babies in the next night or two. Thanks for the idea, Ms. Sallie :o)


I think he was making sure the teachers didn't mix his reindeer up with someone else's.


Brody also decorated a tree in class.


And here's a peppermint with his picture in the middle and handprints on the side. I think I want to join his class...look at all this fun!!

2 comments:

tnbink said...

Tae received his first ornament this week also!!! Aunt Paulette is so cute!!!
Just wanted to say I love you and your entire family! Having a poopy day and looking at your pics made me laugh :)

Megan said...

love the reindeer ornament! I think I may try and copy that this weekend! looks messy...but fun:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...