Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Room to Themselves

Emersyn and Jaxson are finally in their own bedroom and both sleeping in their own cribs. Up until last week, they were both sleeping in a pack-n-play together right beside our bed. We didn't change the decor in their room...the theme we picked out before Brody was born works just fine because it is gender-neutral. We got two new cribs. Brody's old crib was recalled over the summer, so we received a voucher for one crib and then had to purchase the second one.

Jax's crib...kinda boring pics, but you're able to see the theme.

Emmy's crib


I thought for sure we'd have to move something out to make room for another crib in their bedroom, but everything fits quite nicely. It is tight, but I actually love how it looks, and I think it feels so comfy when I'm in there. I STILL think it's just crazy when I go in there to check on them that there are TWO cribs I need to look into, hee hee! There's some finishing touches that I'd like to do (in our spare time, ha ha), such as organizing clothes, shelves, and books. I would also like to get a small, simple decorative wall shelf for each of the twins.

As a result of this transition, I guess Jaxson has decided that sleep is WAY too overrated. He is waking up many times throughout the night and can't seem to get himself back to sleep. I would try to let him cry it out, but I do not want Emmy or Brody waking up too. I really don't get what is going on because both babies have been wonderful sleepers up until this point. Maybe he misses Emmy (how sweet!) or he's not used to the bigger sleeping space, but I hope he gets this all figured out soon! On the other hand, Emersyn sleeps like a rock. I don't even think she really fully wakes up when I feed her (after Jaxson) around 4:00AM, and I wonder if she even needs this feeding or could wait a couple more hours.
I really miss having them sleeping right beside me, but it was time!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

Super cute room! The whole letting them cry it out thing is so hard with twins. You know that they need to do that so they can learn how to soothe themselves, however you have other children who also need to sleep. It does get better and it will shock you what they can sleep through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...