Sunday, December 6, 2009

Everything-But Cookie Cutters!

I think I received these Williams-Sonoma holiday cookie cutters for my bridal shower, and I have never used them for cookies, ha!

We've been using them to cut Brody's food into fun Christmas shapes the past few days, like this tree sandwich:

I kinda like how the leftover part looks...more like a leaf than a Christmas tree.
A little cheese candycane on top of Brody's chili spaghetti...how simple!
Brody would probably paint every day if we let him. He loves it. We used the star cookie cutter along with some red and green paint to make star stamps.
Finished product--how festive!
I got online and started searching for some more activities using cookie cutters and came across this fun list: http://www.stretcher.com/stories/01/010205h.cfm
My favorites are #12, 17, and 18. Fun, fun!!
**Just noticed the link included on the page above for edible finger paint doesn't work, so here's another I found: http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tpactivities/0,,88mf,00.html

This has nothing to do with cookie cutters, but here's a fun treat I made for Brody. He enjoys the classic Rudolph movie when we are in the van and LOVES when we sing the song to him. And I of course had to serve it to him while singing the song, and yes, I'm quite sure I looked ridiculous :o)




I remembered quick that we had antlers from an old Halloween costume, so I made Brody wear them for a couple pictures. He promptly removed them after I snapped two pictures! I love this first one..."Really, Mom...don't ya think we're overdoin' it a bit??"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...