Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I had a great birthday weekend with my three little loves, and it was made even more special by Kris taking Saturday night off, my sis and brother-in-law bringing dinner over, and my brothers, nieces, and dad stopping over for cake and ice cream. I usually just kinda let my birthday pass and not make too big a deal over it, but it was nice to have my family over!

Enjoy some pics...










Emersyn was having a needy day, so I brought her back with me to fold and put clothes away.


This cake cracks me up! First of all, it says Happy Birthday Mom, which sounds funny to me since Brody usually only says Ma or Mama. I asked Kris why he bought a cake for his mom, LOL. So we had black icing, and Kris made it say Mommy for me. Then the balloons are supposed to represent the kids, and I (jokingly) wondered why Kris didn't have them done in birth order. Other than that, it was delish!


I took some photos with Brody on our bed because he matched!












The twins with their cousin, Tae. I love how Jaxson is like, "Hey, hey, look at my cute little piggies!"


This is so cute! They could be sitting like this on a porch somewhere in, say, 80 years...Bumbos replaced by creaky wooden rockers.




My sister and Drew brought their Wii Fit over so we could try some of the fun games. Brody is hula-hooping here...


Jax and Dad


Scott and Em


Jordan and Brody eating cake.


Just took a few shots of the twins Sunday afternoon after Brody went down for a nap...










Last year on my birthday, the news that we were having twins was still fresh on our minds. We had found out just days before. I can't believe that was a year ago...and now they're here, and together with their big brother, they will always be my most precious gifts.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Sounds like a great birthday!! I glanced at the cake pic before reading the text and was afraid you had a Little Miss Muffet expereince. The black icing really looked like a spider. HA! I love that Tae is wearing Jax's outfit in the puppy version. CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...