Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Question & Answer

I thought it would be fun to share some answers to some questions that I have been asked a lot over the past few months.


1) How do you find time to blog?
Well...first of all it's something I enjoy doing, and you are going to find time to do something you really enjoy. I like sharing and preserving our family memories and am even more excited to do this after learning about turning blogs into books for our children. I rarely get through an entire post in one sitting, which if you have noticed, is why you might check the blog on a given day and not see anything new but then check again and see a post dated from a few days earlier. I find that uploading the pictures takes the most time, so I usually do this one-handed as I am nursing the twins. I fill in captions or text during naptime and bedtime. I have always liked to write, so my ideas and thoughts come pretty quickly...and I'm a pretty fast typer, although I do NOT have correct finger placement!

2) Are your twins identical?
Um...I probably look a little puzzled when I get asked this question--especially since I have been asked this AFTER stating that Emersyn and Jaxson are BOY/GIRL twins. One boy...and one girl. I'm sorry, but I thought this would have made it extremely obvious??

3) How do you do it?
This is actually often presented as the statement, "I don't know how you do it." And the IT is supposed to mean take care of my kiddos. I am just like any other mommy who loves her kids like crazy...you just do it!! I will never claim to do everything right or have the answer to every problem, but I love my kids and want them to be happy. This is the hardest job in the world but the absolute best, most fulfilling, most rewarding. I. love. it.

4) How is Brody with the babies?
He is great! Typically. The first month or two after bringing the babies home he wasn't too into them, but now he is very interested in them and likes to "talk" to them and show them toys, and he is pretty calm and gentle around them. He loves to give them kisses, and he loves when they smile at him--which they do whenever they see him! I don't think I ever told this story...when the babies were a bit younger we'd encourage Brody to say hi or just talk to the babies. He would bring his face real close to either Em or Jax and then yell, "AHHHHHHHHH!" Hysterical.

5) Do you always have your camera ready?
Um, yep! Pretty much always. It is literally in my pocket some days. When you have such cute subjects, you want to take pictures all the time!

6) Are you going back to work?
I will be going back to work next school year :( I am so grateful I was able to spend the entire year home with all 3 of my wee ones, but I am not looking forward to returning. It makes me sick thinking about being away from them for so long each day. Last year I was lucky to get 2-3 waking hours each day during the week with Brody. I know some mothers enjoy the time away and see it as a "break" from their kids, but I just don't see it this way.

7) Are you getting any sleep?
Yeah, I get some sleep. LOL. Some nights are better than others since Jaxson still isn't sleeping through the night...like, not even close...but it's going to get better. Whenever I even think of complaining about lack of sleep I always think of people who have lost babies or people who are not able to get pregnant and how they would kill to be in my position losing sleep, taking care of healthy babies. It really puts things into perspective.

8) Are you done having kids?
I can't answer this one right now, ha ha! We definitely have our hands full at the moment, and we love our little family and think it's perfect right now. Buuuuut...I would never say never, and we'll leave it at that :)

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but these'll do for now!

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Kel, I felt/feel the same way that you do about going back to work. You know because I vented to you, but I had absolutely no desire to get back to work. I loved every single second of being home with my girls. I do miss them during the day and wish that I had more time to be with them before bed time but surprisingly it has gone much better than expected. Maybe because I haven't worked a full week yet. LOL I know you don't want to come back, but I for one miss you and look forward to seeing you every day.

tnbink said...

And in case any of you reading this hasn't seen Kel in awhile...On top of her being the fun, creative, super loving mommy she's also one hot momma!
Ha ha my sis rules :)
Can't wait til Saturday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...