Monday, January 18, 2010

Dust Off the Treadmill, Mommy!

I feel like such a slacker...four and a half months have gone by since the babies were born, and I am just now getting to the point where I feel like I have some extra energy to run again. There's probably a family of spiders that have taken up residence in my indoor running shoes...come to think of it...where are those shoes?? Running outdoors has always been my favorite way to exercise. Yes, it burns and it's exhausting, and you have to constantly push yourself when you think you can't go any faster or farther, but...when it's over...THAT is the best feeling. You are spent but oddly exhilarated, energized even. It has been over a year since I have done any running, so I am really hoping I can start with at very least an easy two-mile run. This is a far cry from H.S. I would love to run a mile in under six minutes again (boy, those were the days), but I do not have 15-year-old legs anymore. I am not interested in losing weight really--I just want some toning, strength, and endurance back that I have lost over the past year. I need to be healthy and strong to keep up with everything my kids are going to want to do...how's that for motivation?


Brody was checking out the treadmill as I was trying to clean. It's been so long he probably doesn't even remember what it's used for! When he was a baby I used to put him in his vibrating chair next to the treadmill, and he'd be asleep within minutes of me starting!




Looks like he's walking the plank...




So while he was standing on the belt I started the treadmill up on the lowest setting while holding his hand, and he freaked. I got on it with him and we walked together. He then thought it was pretty neat!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

Impressive Kel! I wish we had room for a treadmill. Then MAYBE I would think about working out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...