
Now our lives are a little busier, and our very beautiful yellow lab, Lucca Belle, is probably feeling a little ignored. Probably explains why she goes crazy whenever someone else comes over...she finally gets some much needed attention!!! I also feel bad because labs need to have space to run around and expend their boundless energy, and our backyard is taken up by the pool. She gets walks almost daily when the weather is nice, but it just isn't enough for her.
As much as she drives us crazy, I really don't think I could live without her. She was a huge source of comfort when we were trying to get pregnant with Brody. I would lay on the couch, and she would climb up and snuggle right next to me. She makes me feel safe when Kris is at work. I know she would never let anyone hurt us--she is very protective. And most importantly, I have never worried about her actions and behaviors around our children.
Most of these pics are oldies but goodies.
Laying next to Brody when he was about 2 months:

Brody at around 7 months petting Lucca:
And again...Brody was 14 months here.
Love these next two also!
Buds. December 2008.










2 comments:
I totally feel the same way about Milo. I even took a "maternity leave" day when we got him so that I could be home with my "baby". I still do love him and I feel so bad that he just doesn't get the attention that he used to. I do look forward to the time when the girls can play with him. They do love to look at him and sometimes reach for him, however I'm not so sure they would pet as much as pull his fur. He's so good with them though. I just wish he didn't go nuts jumping on our visitors when they come over.
My poor Sophie is now being tortured by Logan. There's no loving happening there. He absolutely loves her, but just hasn't mastered how to "pet" her without slapping the crap out of her. He also likes to try to pick her up by her paws, neck, tail, pretty much anything he can get hold of. And his favorite is to try to pet her or pull her tail when she's trying to eat. I'm pretty sure she hates him. I just hope Logan treats the new baby better than he treats the kitty! At least Lucca gets plenty of attention when Logan comes to visit (even if he calls her Mol)!
Post a Comment