Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Beginnings of Easter Fun

It's almost Easter!! Didn't we just take Christmas decorations down? Actually, I think there might still be a few things hanging around the house from December...oops! Oh, well. We do have a couple kid stories about the meaning of Easter that we'll read with Brody, but most decorations and fun will obviously be centered around eggs and bunnies as he is a bit too young to understand why we celebrate Easter. For some reason I think this holiday will be harder to explain to him than Christmas will be.

With that said, I found this awesome activity to do with the kids in a few years. Check it out. http://www.teachkidsthebible.com/biblelessons/resurrectioneggs.htm
This is just one link...there are so many more online and different ways to set the whole activity up and present it to children.

We made a bunny with Brody's footprints as rabbit ears. Doesn't his foot look huge in this picture?





Then for the bunny's face, I drew a circle on blue paper and asked Brody to paint with a cotton ball and try to stay inside the lines.


He really just wanted to cover the whole paper.


Finished! I added the face details.


Then I wanted to use the babies' handprints to make flowers, but they look more like hand smudges, and each stem I added looks like a cactus, ha ha!  These are Emersyn's.


Jaxson's


The completed front door.


Close-up of the hand smudges. They really look better from a distance. :)


An Easter-themed muffin tin lunch. Egg-shaped ham and cheese sandwich, a carrot patch, banana bunny ears, colorful fruit (originally was going to make them look flower-y, but ran out of time), blueberry yogurt with rabbit droppings (raisins, LOL), and Brody's silverware wrapped up in a carrot package.

I have a couple other art ideas to try with Brody, a bunch of egg-dyeing techniques I'm hoping he'll be excited to help with, plastic egg games, and an Easter Sundae (get it?) Party still to come. I can't wait to dress all three kids up for Easter either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are adorable, Kelly. I was just thinking Will's feet look big too lately! And that is the cutest muffin tin meal I have ever seen! Do you link up to the muffin tin blog to show your meals? You're so creative!

Amy said...

Did you see the egg-dyeing idea in this month's Family Fun? They suggest putting the egg inside a whisk! Kids can dunk it without getting their fingers messy and it won't leave fingerprint smudges on the eggs or allow them to drop and get broken!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...