Monday, March 15, 2010

Helping Decorate

Brody has been helping me decorate for St. Patrick's Day over the past week or two. Don't get too excited...what follows is nothing real fancy. Just a couple simple, cute projects that Brody could be involved with.

First is a handprint shamrock...can you make out the hands?? I got this idea last month when I saw somewhere that you could make a heart for Valentine's Day using handprints, but we had already done footprints. So I saved the idea and decided to use it to make a shamrock. Pretty cute.

Then he helped me decorate the front door by putting sparkly foam shamrocks on. I'm totally taking advantage of this...he's old enough now to know not to mess with them, and the babies are too young to be grabbing them off. Not for long, though!!


The finished door.


On another day, he was counting them.


This one didn't turn out, but Brody still enjoyed it. You were supposed to use a medicine dropper to put drops of yellow and blue water onto coffee filters. The colors were to blend together to make green.






Here they are drying...not much green, huh?


Here's the completed clover. You can't tell from this picture, but it actually does look light green in a few select places, LOL!


And another that didn't work out like it was supposed to. Here he's making shamrock stamps with a green pepper. I don't think I cut the pepper evenly, and he was more interested in smearing the paint all over. It reminded me of someone playing air hockey. So, I just let him be...and we also sprinkled some green sugar over the wet paint, and then later he added some green dots.


Brody's green masterpiece...



St. Patrick's Day is Wednesday, and I have just a few fun surprises for Brody. Again, pretty simple stuff, but it doesn't take much to impress him. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brody is so stinkin' handsome! Love all the crafts - you're so clever!

Casey Rethman said...

B looks cute in all of the pictures, of course, but my absolute fav is the one of him holding his coffee filter shamrock! He is gonna be a heartbreaker for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...